A Special Note from the Author

Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting on my second novel Prodigy. The reception and support for this book has been amazing and I enjoy reading and responding to all your comments.  

I'd like to address two of the most common questions I get asked about this book: 

1.) Will there be a sequel?

2.) Who does Alex end up with, Milo or Aris? 

**[NOTE: These questions are now outdated, but I left them up for historical purposes - Both the SEQUEL (Prodigy Eternal) and the TRILOGY (Prodigy Returns) have been posted to Wattpad!!]**

In terms of a sequel, I'm definitely open to writing one, but a sequel only makes sense if the first book is successful, so we'll see. Alex is still very young so there's obviously lots of room to explore, particularly with her love life.

At this time, I have a few other projects lined up for 2014, so realistically, I wouldn't start writing a sequel until 2015, and then it wouldn't come out until 2017. By then, most of you probably won't even care. 

If you like my writing style, and haven't already read my other books (The Art of the Hustle, and Destiny & Free Will), those are available as well. To date, I have three more fully completed novels and some short stories that I have yet to release. These next three are a lot better than anything I've put out so far, in my opinion. I think once you read the next three novels, you won't care about Prodigy and The Art of the Hustle sequels. 

To answer the second question - Who does Alex end up with, Milo or Aris? In an earlier draft, I had Alex choose Milo. I later decided that a love interest is too formulaic and not something I wanted to focus on. Instead, I wanted the book to be about Alex growing as a person, becoming strong, independent, and finding her purpose (among other things). She already has a lot going on, plus with the world about to end, it didn't seem realistic that she would suddenly get with a guy she's had her whole life to get with, but maybe I'm wrong - maybe that's the ideal time to consider that option.

Anyways, I removed any reference of them getting together, and instead added some tension for Milo not being able to be honest about his feelings. I originally made Aris more likable, but later changed his character to be more irritating. He is the cause of a lot of trouble, is confrontational at times, and acts like a buffoon - hardly a suitable partner for such a catch as the famous Alex Gray. I did this as a subtle way to let the reader know that Aris didn't really have a shot, and in the end, she would of course choose Milo. Perhaps it was a bit too subtle.

For your interest, I have included the original epilogue that was in the first draft. It won't be a part of the book if you happen to purchase it elsewhere, it's just a Wattpad exclusive. 

Thanks, 

Edward Mullen