Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys!  I know that I should really start updating my other stories instead of writing new ones, but I just keep coming up with new ideas, I can't help it!  Anyway, I hope you enjoy this story.  It's just a story, not a fan fic or anything and I'm not sure yet if it's going to be long or short.  Anyway, enjoy! :)

Chapter 1

            It was only going to be a trip to the movies, but it turned into so much more.  As the beginning credits started rolling, he turned my face towards his and kissed me passionately.  As I kissed him back, I realized that his hair was so soft and fluffy.  Wait. . . fluffy?  I pulled away from his kiss and he looked at me in confusion.

                "Taryn?"  He whispered, but I couldn't seem to answer.

                "Taryn?"  He said again, a little louder.

               "TARYN!"  I sat straight up in bed, realizing that the kiss was just a dream.  How depressing.

                "Taryn, really.  You've got to get out more often.  I came in to get you up so we could do something and you were kissing your pillow in your sleep again," my roommate Cassie complained.

                "I'm sorry Cassie.  But you're right.  I should get out more often.  How about a trip to the mall?"

                "Sounds great!"

                I got out of bed and ran out the door and down the hall to get into the bathroom before Cassie could.  I got there first and shut the door, locking it behind me.  I heard Cassie curse under her breath, and I laughed out loud.

                "Shut up Taryn!  You always get the bathroom first.  It's not fair."

                "You should learn how to be faster then!"  I yelled through the door.

                Cassie mumbled something under her breath and stomped away and down the hall to her room.  I turned the shower on to the hottest it could go and took my pajamas off.  While I was waiting for the shower to heat up, I looked at my reflection in the mirror, my gaze lingering on the scars that were on my thighs.  I'd started cutting myself when I started senior year in high school because of all the ugly things people would say to me about my family, or lack thereof.

                When I was only 6 years old my mom left my dad and I to fend for ourselves.  She left my dad to supposedly go and travel the world, but we found out from some of her cousins that were closer to us than they were to her that she'd eloped with a guy she'd met.  My dad couldn't believe what they were telling him, so he tried to correspond with Mom, only for her to finally e-mail him, telling him that they were right and her life was much better now.  Dad was heartbroken.  He'd loved my mom with everything he had and now she'd gone and left him for some other guy.  When I was 15 he overdosed on drugs and passed away.  I'd gone to live with my dad's brother Cody, and he was always nice to me, but when I finished high school, I moved away to start college.

                College didn't last long though and I ended up getting kicked out, so I got a job and rented an apartment in the city.  Cassie came along looking for an apartment, but couldn't pay the rent on any of them, so I took her in as a roommate and now she only has to pay half the rent.

                Today was Saturday and I didn't have to work, which was a relief.  I hopped in the shower which was fully hot, and washed off, thinking about what we would do at the mall today.  Cassie would probably want to go to Abercrombie, Hollister and Aeropostale, but I would probably just hang out in the food court and wait for her.  I wasn't really one for name brand clothes, but when I had a fancy event to go to I liked Forever 21.