Part Two

[IMPORTANT. THIS IS PART 2. IN ORDER TO READ PART ONE YOU UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO BE FOLLOWING ME  AND YOU HAVE TO BE OVER 18 D: SORRY... I DON'T MAKE THE RULES. WATTPAD DOES APPARENTLY. HOWEVER ON MY PROFILE THERE IS A LINK TO THE FIC ON AO3 AND YOU CAN READ IT ALL THERE. THERE IS ALSO AN EXTERNAL LINK TO IT UNDER THE COVER IF YOU'RE ON A COMPUTER]

To say that Harry and Louis were excited for their baby was an understatement. Of course, it hadn’t exactly been planned, but that didn’t mean they weren’t ready. They may have still been a tad young, but they had a flat with two bedrooms, only needing one for themselves, and they both had jobs, even though Harry was a waiter and Louis was a secretary for a pharmacy. Louis was barely two months along, but even the other lads were ecstatic for them. Two weeks after they’d been to the doctor to confirm Louis’ pregnancy, which was a week after they’d told the other lads and their families, the lads all gathered at Harry and Louis’ flat for lunch.

“So what are you naming it?” Niall asked as he plopped down beside Louis on the sofa.

Louis arched his brow at the blonde lad, gently rubbing his still flat tummy, “Niall. I’m literally a day over eight weeks, the baby is the size of a raspberry. He or she doesn’t have a name, an ultrasound can’t even pick up the heartbeat yet.”

“You don’t even have a relative idea? Like… a name for if it’s a boy and a name for if it’s a girl?” Niall pressed, and Liam laughed.

“Niall, it’s not like Harry and Louis have planned this for years.”

“M’pretty sure they’ve only been soulbonded for like… seven months,”

“Ten months, thank you very much,” Harry replied, slipping from the kitchen with a glass of water. He sat down on the other side of Louis, smiling softly at him as he slid him the glass. “Here you are, babe.”

“Oh,” Louis was taken aback. “Thank you… I was going to get up and get some water eventually.”

Harry shrugged, “You said you were thirsty, and if you’re thirsty, you need water.”

“Ooh,” Liam snickered. “Are you going to be one of those mates, Harry? The one who monitors their mate’s every move while their mate is pregnant?”

“Leave him alone, all he did was get me water,” Louis chuckled, sipping from the glass before leaning and placing it on the coffee table.

“So…” Niall pursed his lips. “You don’t have a name for it at all?”

Louis huffed at the boy, “Okay, so Harry calls it Roo sometimes but I’m not a kangaroo, nor do I have a pouch so-”

“Kind of looks like you might be getting one to me,” Niall gently poked the bit of tummy Louis had. “Or maybe you’ve always had that.”

“Shut up!” Louis gasped in offense.

“Niall, nobody asked you,” Harry shot the blonde boy a glare, reaching and placing a protective hand on Louis’ stomach. “And don’t poke our baby Roo.”

“I thought a baby kangaroo was called a joey?” Zayn pointed out.

“Yes, it is,” Harry nodded, rubbing his hand in small circles on Louis’ abdomen. “But if our baby is a girl, she won’t appreciate knowing we called her Joey for the first nine months of her life.”

“You could say it stemmed from her grandmum’s name, name her Johannah,” Liam suggested.

“Or you could let Harry and me name our own baby and leave us alone!” Louis snapped.