34. "Every game needs players"

Chp34. "Every game needs players"

---------------------

Dedicated to-
biebsacm :)

---------------------

A few days had passed and things had actually gotten a whole lot better. My grades were good, I had my friends with me, and for once things were finally starting to seem on track. Though of course there were still many imperfections going on, I tried my best to only focus on the positive. And so far, so good.

It was a Saturday afternoon and here I was with Macy doing absolutely nothing. Drew had gone on a date, nothing unusual for him. And yet there was nothing to do for neither of us.

"We should go somewhere." Macy said looking through her phone.

I took my eyes off the book I was currently reading. These times if I wasn't on my laptop or phone I was studying or reading a book. I quickly looked at Macy. "Go where?" I curiously asked.

I actually for once did want to go somewhere. Ever since I had came home I never really went anywhere. Besides school and the grocery store with mom. It did get boring just being stuck at home all day, but what was I supposed to do? I didn't want to leave my room, it was the only place that kept me safe. And it really started to worry me on how I was becoming. Macy or Drew would want to hang out on the weekends but I would always just say no unless it was in my house or one of theirs. Besides that, I stayed home.

I guess it was the way I had become that made me feel such way. I was so scared to do anything. I didn't want to risk it, everyday was a challenge for me. But I didn't want to continue living on this way. It was all too much. If I wanted things normal again I had to go out there and fix the problems. And first of all starting with the major problem which is me- I had to fix myself.

"I don't know..." Macy said wondering off. "Anything as long as we are out of this room. Don't you get lonely?"

"No"

Yes.

Of course I'd get lonely. But I didn't think about it too much. I would rather be alone than with bad company. Now I'm not saying Macy is bad company at all- in fact it's quite the opposite. But being social with the real world once again was harder than I had imagined. Every person I stumbled upon, I had a feeling they wanted something from me, or they wanted to hurt me. This wasn't normal at all. And to even think about after graduating and going off to college... I needed to get over this, whatever this thing was. I came to a conclusion that Macy was right. I needed to get out of here before these walls start closing in on me.

I knew exactly of a place where we could go, it was most certainty out of my comfort zone. But that's what I needed right now, I needed to feel free for once. "There's a party on the other side of town..." I said trailing off.

"Are you serious?" Macy asked me, as I could tell she was completely stunned with my suggestion. But I only nodded in response to her.

"Mia... I don't think that's such a good idea- we don't know any of the people who go to those kinds of parties."

A smile spread across my face. This was what I wanted, and what I needed right now. "Exactly"

It didn't really take us long to get ready, which was a surprise to me considering it took forever as usual. I didn't really care whatver the hell I wore. I didn't want to go too revealing though- I didn't want to attention I was going to get if I did wear something like that. Instead, I went with a hot pink top and skirt to match as well. I curled my hair as usual with the half ponytail, it was sort of my thing. On the other hand, Macy went completely opposite to what I was wearing. I really was starting to wonder if she was going to get cold since it was pretty chilly out. But that thought quickly escaped away.

We drove to what seem to feel like hours; we were lost. I didn't have the address to this party since I heard someone talking about it in class. It wasn't hard to miss though, these kinds of parties only took place far from us. But after finally making endless turns and practically driving around in circles we then made it. The loud music was making my head hurt but I ignored it. This all seemed too familiar for my liking. And then it hit me like a lighting bolt at full speed. This whole arriving to this party thing, brought my memory back to that night when we arrived at Logan's house with both Austin and Cora. How I had lost track of how many drinks I had and how badly the night ended that day. It was something I wasn't going to forget. So one thing was for sure, I was not going to drink anything unless it was water; that was a promise.

"Mia-" Macy's voice came from beside me, making my head turn to face her. "I don't know about this..." She confessed uncertain.

I was starting to get frustrated with Macy. She wanted to go out and no we are, what's to complain about? It was like both of us had switched roles. I would be the one worrying and backing out while she would be the daredevil, ready to try new things out. She wasn't scared of anything. But now the table was turned. Even though I was actually fearing this whole thing I wasn't going to back down. I desperately needed to get out of my comfort zone and if this was the only way then so be it.

"Relax Macy." I breathed out, but it was more as telling myself rather than to her. Because I really needed to relax and calm myself down.

It's just a stupid party, nothing more.

I pulled the door open, stepping inside. Right away the smell of alcohol, sweat and others smells had filled my nose entirely. The beat was pretty nice and fun. I'll admit it, it was making me want to dance. But I wasn't going to do that, no way I was going to let what happened last time- happen this time again. This was just a way of proving myself that I didn't fear anything and I could live my life normal again without being paranoid most of the time.

"So what now?" Macy screamed in my ear through the loud music and talking.

Scoffing I placed a hand on my hip firmly. "God Macy, you act like you've never been to a party before." I joked.

"Shut up." She replied back, throwing me one of her smiles. She playfully shoved me softly on the shoulder.

To be honest I didn't even know what to do myself. Everybody seemed to be doing something here, wether it was dancing, talking, drinking or just plain losing their minds- they were doing something. And here are Macy and I standing in the middle of all this chaos doing absolutely nothing. To say it was awkward would be an understatement.

Macy grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd of unfamiliar faces. For a quick second I had thought I saw someone familiar but it was probably my eyes just playing tricks on me. Not one single person from school would be at this party, it was at the other side of town. That's why I specifically wanted to come here. The smell of alcohol was making me sick, it was something I strongly disliked right after the smell of smoke.

"What are you doing?" I asked worried right after Macy had stopped in the middle of people dancing.

She shrugged, "Dancing?" She replied moving her body from side to side along with the beat of the music.

I gave Macy a weird look, I didn't want to attract any attention at this point. Maybe this really was a bad idea, it would be best if we would just go home. "Macy, let's go." I ordered making a final decision.

Macy furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion. "What? Why? We just got here!" She shouted over the music, even though she was clearly screaming in my ear- it was still a little hard to hear her.

"You were right..." I shook my head. "This wasn't a good idea, let's just go home."

"Oh no Mia. You made me waste this outfit." Macy pointed at herself. "So we are staying."

"Macy I-"

Macy frowned like a five year old kid. "C'mon." She whined. "Let's stay- at least for half an hour."

There was no way this girl was going to want leave any time soon. Why is it that I'm always the one who makes the stupid decisions? I should have learned by now.

Realizing she was only going to refuse if I kept asking, I gave in. "Fine." I said. "I'm going to sit right over there." I pointed to a small couch that was not too far from Macy. She have me a quick nod and then I made my way over to it.

I checked the time on my phone once again. The clock didn't seem to want to move faster. So yet here I was, sitting down watching Macy have the time of her life. It was funny watching her make a fool of herself, but she really did seem to be having fun so I guess that's what really mattered. I sighed smoothing the wrinkles on my skirt. I felt a pair of eyes on me, it was something so strange and weird. I could feel them, and I felt so exposed.

It was that feeling you get when you're being watched nonstop- that's exactly how I was feeling now. And it wasn't making me feel comfortable. I searched around for those eyes who were placed on me, but unfortunately they were not found. However I still felt them, and each time it would feel more and more intense.

My palms were starting to sweat uncontrollably, that's how I knew this was more than serious. I was almost positive I wasn't going to let this go until I met those eyes who were watching me steadily, that's just how stubborn I was. One again I looked around, making sure I caught sight of everything. Until I finally did. I didn't know the emotion when I met with those eyes though. A guy only ahead of me was talking to some of his friends while he eyed me slowly. He had dirty blonde hair that was falling above his eyes. When he finally caught sight of me staring back at him, he only smiled and waved. In reply I smiled back awkwardly. Moments later he broke eye contact with me and made his way out tagging along with his friends. Bringing me back to focusing only on Macy.

I still feel them...

I still felt them, and again and again. I hated it, I hated this. Something told me right away that guy wasn't the one watching me- but someone else. And that someone else seemed to be invisible since I couldn't see this certain person. But if they were able to see me that meant I was able to see them as well. This was starting to feel like a game and of course; every game needs players. A game- a puzzle, but it was becoming only harder to win it or simply to solve.

Where are you?....

The answer to my question didn't take long to be answered. When a group of girls moved away from in front of me, there I sat. There I sat facing straight into those eyes whom where watching me for so long, watching my every move. Those eyes- his eyes, his hazel like green eyes... Austin's eyes.

-----------------------

So let me make this clear, I'm really trying to make this story as realistic as possible but please understand that in the end this is called a fanfiction which means it is not real, so some things may seem definitely unrealistic but hey, that's a fanfic for you... But I'm trying.

So these are the ship names. Austia and Ausmia? Which one do u guys prefer? Comment.

VOTE?!(: