Dangerous Prince: The Choice --PREFACE--(KIRA'S STORY)

this is the third book.

The first two books are Demon Prince: The Dream and Angel Prince: The Memories.

if you have time please read those two books too!

thanks!

^_^

PREFACE

Based on my experiences there was only one word to describe love.

Complicated.

Love turned my world upside down. I admit that I don't fully understand what love is. I can't even tell if I was in love or not. I don't have any idea what love is until I met this blonde demon in front of me. She was no ordinary demon, I tell you. She was the demon with the "purest heart".

I could still remember the time when she cried when twenty-eight people died in a plane crash. And guess what she did after the plane crash. She went to the nearest church, knelt near the entrance door and prayed for the repose of the souls of the victims!

The arch demon got really pissed off when he found out what she did.

"Kira, are you listening to me?" Annalee asked with a frown on her face.

"No," I answered nonchalantly.

She pouted her thin red lips and put her hands on her hips. "You are making things more complicated, Kira!"

Me? How could it possibly be me? She was the one who was stupid enough to fall in love with me! "Go back to your room now."

"I don't like!" she answered stubbornly.

I glared at her but she only shrugged.

"Please don't do this to me, Kira," she pleaded.

I shrugged. What was I supposed to do?

"I love you, Kira. Do you love me too?" she whispered those words slowly, allowing each words to sink into my mind, heart and soul.

Damn it! She asked me again! This was the third time! When she first asked me if I love her I answered NO without a doubt. On the second time she asked me if I love her I answered NO again - but that time with a little doubt. And now... I don't know what to say.

But I guess I had to say no again.

I opened my mouth to say NO but she held up her hand to stop me. "If you say no, I promise I will leave you alone and you will never see me again. If you say yes, I stay by your side forever no matter what happens."

I opened my mouth again but this time not to say no. "That's ridiculous."

She just smiled. What was wrong with this demon?

"What is your answer?" she said with a smile. That smile can't fool me. I know deep inside she was hurt, angry... and afraid.

If I say no she'll stop stalking me. She'll stop intimidating me. She'll leave me alone. Alone. Again. I won't get the chance to see those deep blue eyes again that touches my heart. And there was no doubt that I'll miss her enchanting smile...

The idea of saying yes was so tempting. She will stay here with me. But my life was one big hell. Her life with me will be miserable. There was a possibility that she'll get hurt or worse... die.

"Kira?" Annalee whispered.

I sighed heavily. I had to say it. Now. "Fine. I'll give you my answer."