Narrate

It's always really quiet here. As far as I can tell, the whole world is made up of words that linger in the air. What is reality? What is fantasy? In the end, the two are one and the same. I don't really mind. I mean, it gets lonely here, but whatever.

Oh, you're here... who are you? No, really, who are you? I've never met someone like you before. Nobody comes here. Is that really your name? It sounds nice. How did you get here, anyway? From what I know, nobody's come this way before. Hm? Am I lonely? Ah, a little bit. I mean, there's no one here to talk to besides myself.

Are you staying? Or will you just leave? The last time a person like you was brought here, they left without a moment's hesitation. Why don't I leave? Well it's simple, really. As embarassing as it is, I really don't know how. All I can remember is this space, devoid of anything but me. Am I boring you? Sorry. I'm not good with people. I don't really have a lot to say. I mean, I have a lot to say... but I don't know what to say. Just go back to where you came from.

Huh? What do you mean you don't know how to go back? It's simple! Just go back the way you came! ...Hey, hey, I'm sorry, alright? I'm not trying to yell at you. I just... I don't want you to be stuck here like I am. Eh? You don't want to? Now you're just being stupid. C'mon, you know you'd rather leave.

Outside is full of life, right? Full of people and places and toys and books and all these complicated things I've never seen. I hear about them, sometimes. I'll just somehow be aware of their existance. You'll leave soon. Everyone does. Don't worry, okay? You can go back home in a little bit. This place will realize you don't belong in it, and will open a pathway for you to follow. Mm? Of course I'm sure! It's no good to stay hopeless when you're lonely, you know! I'm sure you'll go back home soon.

In the meantime, I don't really have anything to keep you occupied. I mean, take a look around us. There's nothing but emptiness. As far as I can see, there is nothing but blankness. Hm? Did you say you see something? No? Oh, okay. No, no, it's fine, really. I mean... it happens, ya know? I like to think there's people out there, too. Or something, at least. Maybe a pebble. Some sand. Anything but this...

Oops! There I go. Sorry, that's rude of me, to complain while you're stuck here. I don't really know what to tell you. ...Hey, hey, don't look so glum, okay? I promise I'll get you home, somehow or another. For now, how about I tell you a story?