"The Darkness mused."

Dedicated to Musiq4lyf ! and my best friend Albert who won't stop bugging me on reading one of my stories, thanks for your support.

Please comment !

I seemed like a butterfly to him. A delicate creature bringing pleasure for those who wandered aimlessly. In my own luxurious, golden colored cage. I am small and appear to be the same as all the butterflies stuck in this exotic cage. Like a caterpillar. Except I wasn't to stay a caterpillar for all eternity. I was going to grow, show my real colors and show my true unique beauty. The one hidden inside all of us. All of us trapped caterpillars. 

It was ironic though. I wasn't free at any moment, from my golden cage. I wasn't flaunting my wings carelessly. I wasn't at all truly happy. I did not know what happiness was. I had no freedom of speech or choice in what was to be made out of the future. That was going to change. 

I wasn't going to be a hanged caterpillar for life. I wasn't going to be locked in this tormented place. The roof the stood high above me, holding itself in place and hiding the beauty of the light away from me, wasn't going to be my bed anymore. 

I was brave. I wasn't a caterpillar or a butterfly. I was more like the bravest animal there was. The yellow tiger. The supreme ruler above all the other tedious butterflies and tigers. Where had I collected this information from? You might ask yourself. I had my resources. I call them my 'Allies', it means one in helpful association with another. The butterflies here, also called 'Humans' were clueless to such a thing. 

That's why I was the bravest. Because I was daring enough to make a choice and not give up hope. They all went to the silly conclussion that all was well, that this was normal life.

I had read for the past seventeen years what normal life was. Normal wasn't dressing in a complete head to toe black skin suit. Normal wasn't being fed equaly. Normal wasn't being showed thirty languages and how to talk them properly. Normal wasn't being stuck in a white room for twenty hours. Normal wasn't having only four static channels, that consisted of exercise improvement and animal behavior. Although in my case animal behaviour helped. 

Because I had a plan to get out from this abnormal place. This place was heavily guarded with twenty four seven security cameras. They watched your every move. That's why you had to be stealthy and most importantly patient. I was very observant and pattience was my virtue. Like the tiger when about to claim it's prey. The hunting method is slow and patient, stalking through often dense cover until close enough to spring. 

I was thankful though. I would have turned out a butterfly like everyone else if it wasn't for my deceased mother. She decided that I would be in exception out of all the freshly breed caterpillar's, I owed her my life for that singular option she had given me. She would always be in my memory, never truly forgotten. 

The option she had given me was a companion. To be exact my 'resource', 'allie', or 'friend'. Whatever I wanted directed as a name to my preference. She-my companion- was an old woman, about to turn forty I believed, with a taut body and features. In the outside world a shape most likely hard to keep, obtain or be naturaly given. To be kept like that was much needed exercise, vitamins and other healthy fruits. She of course showed me that. To escape I needed to be quick on my feet and have fast reflexes. I needed strong bones and a well toned shape. Getting out of here wasn't going to be easy, more likely a hassle. 

She wasn't much of a 'talker' as humans from the outside imply. She would only reply in small sentences and leave clues in them. The camera, for both of us, was a tiger. With acute hearing and sight. It was hard on some occasions but we would make it through most of the day. 

She was entrusted to me, I was her responsibility. Like every butterfly I needed food and some sources to live and abide through. I needed care, affection and carefully renewed attention. With these useless predicaments I was to be fully grown in no time.