Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Part 1:

Eight o'clock rolled around too quickly, and I was just finishing cleaning the dishes when Alice ran frantically into the room and into me, knocking the dish out of my hand and sliding around the tile floor. She regained her balance and grabbed my hand, a crazy look on her face as she ran hastily, dragging me up the stairs.

I could still hear the water running in the kitchen as she threw open the door of my room, tossing me on the floor in the middle of my space. My bed was behind me, with the window to the right and the bathroom to the left. My mirror and stand was next to the door, where Alice stood, her hands on both sides of the door frame, hair falling all over her face as she huffed loudly, giving me a glare.

"We were supposed to be leaving already!" Alice screamed at me, pulling up the chest of her light blue strapless, her long red curls being flicked from her face. "You have ten minutes to throw on some decent clothes and do something with your hair!"

She walked out, slamming the door. Why did this matter so much to her? I thought, looking down at my pink long sleeve and sweats. I let myself fall to the floor, taking my hair out of the bun to get the luscious waves that fell over my shoulders.

...

I ran my hands over the short folds of my dress skirt; Casey's face suddenly appearing in my mind as I looked in my mirror. I bit my lip, turning once to make sure everything was perfect. My long brown hair was in waves that fell over my shoulders, the high neck of my red lace dress reaching around my neck to a button enclosure at the back. The dress hugged my body from my knock to my mid thigh, and when I turned in the mirror it exposed the open back of my dress.

I look perfect for him, my inner voice boasted as I slipped on my black heels. I slipped the black strap behind my ankle, before looking up. Alice stood in the doorway, smiling. I laughed and tucked some hair behind my ear as I saw Isaac and Adam's eyes on me from behind her.

"Whoa-" Isaac started.

"My god!" Adam's mouth popped open, and Isacc's attention went from me to Alice as he saw Adam make his way towards me. Isaac snapped the strap on Alice's beautiful black dress, causing her to blush then slap him, but took his hand none-the-less to escort her down the stairs.

I didn't know what the big deal with this ceremony was, until I realised I was one of the few people who got to join the pack, let alone leave and then re-join once more. Adam grabbed my hand to pull me from my seated position on the bed, and with my free hand, I settled the back of my dress as he led me to the stairs, closing the door softly behind him. I took each step quietly and with shaky legs. Only seconds ago, I was excited to show myself off to Casey, to make him want me even more then he might-or might not- now. But at the moment, I was nervous, my stomach grumbling and making gross feelings.

"You'll be fine." Adam said, flashing me a small smile. He had his brown hair cropped around his face, but he looked more... formal than usual. Maybe it was the suit, but I didn't have time to think about it when he practically shoved me into the passenger side of his pick-up truck, and then ran around the front to get in the driver's seat.

"You'd think the alpha-to-be's mate would arrive in a more flashy matter." I whispered to myself, and Adam looked away from the darkening road to look at me.

"What was that?"

"Oh," I said, looking out the side window, watching the trees go by as a million thoughts flew through my head just as fast. Looking back to Adam waiting face, I said, "I was just thinking how you'd think the guest of honour would arrive in a carriage or something."

Seeing the nervous smile on my face, Adam turned on the radio, not leaving us in complete silence. I mean, what if Casey yells out he's my mate in front of the whole pack? What if... No, stop with the what ifs!