.Chapitre Sept.

Morning. It was finally morning after a horrible nights sleep. I crawled out of bed slowly, still sleepy and rubbed my eyes. I felt horrible, and for that I was going to blame Ethan. When I was tired and confused, that was a bad combination since it meant I was angrier than usual. Maybe when I find Ethan I’d yell at him and then I’d realize that this crush was finally over and that that was all it was, a simple little crush.

I changed out of my night clothes quickly and put on a fresh pair of pants and a shirt. Luckily I didn't fall over when I was changing. On my way to the bathroom I saw Dale talking to Darren which means it's Josh's day off. Great, I’d rather have Josh here any day over Darren. When I walked by, Darren eyed me up and down slowly, giving me chills. Stupid prick. My fists balled instinctively, he's so lucky he's a guard or he'd be in serious trouble.

Dale gave him a look that I hoped said 'back the hell off'. That's what it looked like to me, anyway. I smiled and continued my way to the bathroom. I hated when Darren was here, for more reasons then one.

He was the leader of The Prick Patrol and no matter how good of friends, Cole, Dale and I where, Darren always had total say over them. I took my toothbrush out of the cupboard along with the toothpaste and began to brush my teeth. Maybe I could hang out with Camilla today, I haven't spent much time with her since last visitors day, almost three weeks ago.

I turned on the cold tap water and began to wash out my mouth. The last time I saw Camilla was last night when she walked in on Ethan and I, and I hurried away embarrassed. Shacking my thoughts away I looked in the mirror. My eyes had a bit of redness around them and I knew exactly why, I was exhausted. My hair didn't look to good either. 

I decided to put it up for today and walked out of the bathroom. 

“Dale, can you let me out?” I asked him with a small yawn, completely ignoring Darren at all costs. He nodded and smiled.

“Sure, let's go.” he smiled happily at me and that made me feel bad about what I was about to ask him. 

“I kind of wanted to walk around by myself.” I rubbed my arm nervously. I didn't like to make Dale feel unwelcome since we where such good friends now. Maybe he could come with me to find Ethan. But then he'd ask why I needed to find him and he'd most likely end up talking to Darren or Josh about it and they'd tell the warden, no doubt. I just couldn't risk Ethan’s job, or my parole.

“That's fine!” he said happily, like it didn't even bother him. That made me smile and he unlocked the door for me. I headed out and walked over to the railing, since we where on the second floor. Below us where the main rooms. Like the cafeteria, library, my old cell block, and the wardens office. 

I smiled at the memory of my old cell block. Usually they reserved it for the inmates who didn't behave the best. The only reason Camilla was there was because of me. Warden Taylor knew it was best for us to be together and it's been like that ever since I came here.

Where to start my search for Ethan? Definitely not the first floor, that would be saved for last. I opened the door and walked up the stairs to the third floor. I looked down the hall and didn't find Ethan anywhere so I proceeded to go to the fourth floor. 

This was the floor all the new inmates get housed on. I was here for almost a year and a half till I got moved for bad behavior. 

Still no Ethan. I sighed dramatically and walked down three flights of stairs till I got to the first floor. My stomach started to growl and I sighed again. I was starving, mainly because I really haven't been eating lately.