{18 - 1} Chapter

Hush, Howl {18}

Sapphire

Zoe came over later next Friday afternoon, which is good because there are no classes due to the busy preparation for the next game. She insisted on helping us prepare for our exclusive dates with the boys. Aunt Farris were giving us weird looks, even though you could say that Rosy already told her about the dating part where the boys asked us out. She said if anything happens to us, then it isn’t her fault. All that she is asking is to look out for ourselves and have a good night.

This is our first date after all.

I shook my head. It’s a movie. Not a date. We’re just going out to see a movie.

Zoe wanted to keep our looks simple. We don’t want to look as if we’re exaggerating it.

After brushing off the last bits of Rosy’s makeup, she decided to apply a pair of contact lenses on her eyes so she wouldn’t be bothered by her glasses. She looked very pretty, honestly. Her hair looks as if it was woven by a professional hairstylist. With her hair pinned back in a braid and her bangs falling freely on her forehead, she looked like a movie star... even a model. Zoe didn’t braid all of Rosy’s hair, she let down half of it in loose curls which looked really suiting for Rosy’s look.

As for me, Zoe twisted my hair up into a high ponytail with the ends dangling in loose curls. She kept it simple, and I’m thankful for that.

As Rosy smeared lipstick across my lips, Rosy began ranting about an appropriate dress that should be worn. “You don’t have to worry about it.” Zoe stated, while wiping away the mark of the lipstick that was out of place. “There. Beautiful as ever.” She stood up, examining me with a proud smile. “Now, I guess I’m really perfect timing!” She squealed and ran out of the room.

I looked at Rosy questioningly but she shrugged in response. Taking this chance, I looked at myself at the mirror. Zoe was right. I look pretty. I can’t help but think about how long this night will last. It feels as if a fairy grand-mother just granted me a wish that’ll disappear in due midnight.

Zoe came rushing back into the room with a big, black bag slumped over her shoulder. The bag looked really lightweight because she carried it like a feather. She allowed the bag to drop on the floor, then crouched down and unzipped it. She took out two dresses of different colors folded neatly in place and then went over to Rosy and handed her the pink one on top. She reluctantly took it in her arms as Zoe turned to me and handed me the purple one.

“What is it?” Rosy asked, glancing between the dress and the cheery face of Zoe.

“Your dresses.” Zoe answered. We moved from our spot to protest but she held her hands on front of us. A gesture to stop whatever we were planning to do. “Uh-uh, no objection. Just put them on so we can have no more problems.” She turned her back to me and ushered Rosy to the bathroom.

With my mouth slightly open, I held the dress by the sleeves and unfolded it to check its appearance. My eyes practically bulged out of their sockets at the sight. The dress was simply elegant. The upper portion was on one-shoulder style with ruffles running down on the edges. I twisted the dress around to have a good look at it, and I was relieved to find it loose and puffy. I hate fitted dress. Other than that, the skirt was free-flowing. I’m pretty sure just went about an inch above my knee.

Looking at Zoe, I noticed that she was smiling at me. Seeming that I cannot control the overwhelming emotion, I ran towards her and engulfed her into a hug.

The dress was simply elegant! I don’t know how much to thank her for letting me borrow this. She laughed while wrapping her arms around me in return. “I guess you loved it, huh?” She told me as I pulled away. I nodded back at her in agreement. “Good,” she paused and shook her head. “Because it’s yours.” She added. Looking at her in shock, I held up my hands to protest but she covered her eyes to prevent me from objecting.  “I told you! No objections. Otherwise, I’d change my mind.”