The Impossible Angel

Start from the beginning

I stared at him.  “Brent… why are you acting like a small child?”

He sighed and turned to look at me.  “With you guys it’s all, come here this, do this, do that, don’t touch that, don’t go over there.  It’s a constant set of boring, stupid, POINTLESS rules!!”

I stared at him some more.  “You know, I really didn’t think you could be stupider than you already are!  I can’t believe this!  Those rules aren’t pointless you prat!  The Doctor has them for a reason!!”

I could tell Brent didn’t know what “prat” meant, but that was his problem.  “What could he possibly need those rules for? It’s not like they’re important!”

I gaped.   “You idiot!  He has those rules so you don’t go off and get yourself KILLED!”

I stormed out without letting him reply.  I really didn’t enjoy talking to stupid people, especially when they argued such a redundant point.   I continued to make my way to the console room.  I walked in and noticed the Doctor looking at the monitor.  Which showed the video game room.

Oh.

The Doctor looked at me.  “Thank you.  But you shouldn’t have left him there.”

“I could hardly make him come,” I said defensively.    “Besides,” I said pointing at the monitor, “He’s not there.  He must have left.”

The door of the video game room was swaying slightly.

“Or been taken.”  The Doctor said grimly.

“Oh no.  Wait- where are Amy and Rory?”  I questioned, fearing I already knew the answer.

He didn’t answer.  He didn’t need to.  They’d all been taken.  But by who?  Or indeed, by what?

“Have you heard of the Weeping Angels?”  The Doctor asked me.

“Yes.  Is that what took them?”  I replied.

“In a way.  Here’s another question; have you ever heard of the Silence?”

I shook my head.  “No.  What are they?”

The Doctor adjusted the monitor so that it showed some text.  “Read this.” He said.

We stood quietly while I read.  When I was finished, I said, “What, so they’re a religious order, and if you see them and look away, you forget they were there?”

“Yes.”

I thought for a moment.  “What did you mean when I asked if the Angels had taken Amy and Rory, and then you said ‘in a way’?”

“It wasn’t just the Angels.”

“Are the Angels and the Silence working together?”

The Doctor sighed.  “They’ve certainly gotten together.  What we’re dealing with is an Angel/Silence hybrid.”

“Well that’s just GREAT.”  I said.  “So what you’re telling me is that now we have a creature that only moves when you’re not looking at it and if you look away you forget it was there?”

“Don’t forget that while you’re looking at it, it can send you post-hypnotic suggestions.”

“Wonderful.  How do we get everyone back in one piece?”

The Doctor grinned.  “I thought you’d never ask.”

I couldn’t help but smile back

-------------------------------------------

“OW!  Doesn’t this thing have shock absorbers or something?”  I yelled over the noise of the TARDIS.

It was making its usual noising and tossing and turning, but more than usual.  I’m sure we went upside down at least once.  The Doctor said we were going to see someone about how to get Amy, Rory and Brent back, but he wouldn’t say who.

“Of course it does!” The Doctor yelled in response.  As far as I knew, he made no move to turn them on.

I glared at him incredulously.  “Well, turn them on!!!”

“I can’t.”

I sighed exasperatedly.  “Why not?” 

A slight pause.  And then---

“I don’t know how.”

“Oh, for heavens sake!  MOVE OVER!!”  I all but pushed him out of the way and pulled a lever.  The TARDIS immediately calmed down.  I smirked at the Doctor.

“Well… it’s just boring now, isn’t it?”

I sighed. “Are we there yet?”

“Yes.”

We stepped outside.  We were inside a building with white everything.  Walls, floors, ceiling, furniture.  Well, that table was made of glass, but… oh well. 

“Where are we exactly?” I asked, still looking around and being slightly blinded by the glaring … everything.

“This isn’t right.”  The Doctor murmured quietly.  “Where are the Judoon?  They’re supposed to be guarding things.  They’re not being very guard-like, are they?”  He started to walk away and I hurried to keep up.

“Uh, Doctor, what are the Judoon?”

“Rhino people.”

“Wh--- you know what, I’m not even going to ask.”

“There’s something wrong here.”

“What makes you say that?”

“The Judoon are basically the galactic police.  And we’ve just landed in the galactic police station.  So where are they?  The last time I was here, they- oh.”  He stopped walking.

“What?”  I asked him, slightly confused.

“The last time I was here, they surrounded me.  And then I went to solve a great problem and be perfect over there-” he pointed to an adjoining room “and they followed.  Oh this is bad.”  He was looking at the TARDIS.

“Wait, how did the TARDIS get there?  Didn’t we leave it…”  I trailed off as I looked behind me.  The TARDIS was right there.  I turned back to the direction we had been walking in.  Another TARDIS was right there.

“Um.  What?”  I asked.  Intelligent, I know.

“We need to leave.” The Doctor said.

“What? No!  Tell me what’s going on!”

“How?!” The Doctor said, seemingly to himself, “How could I have been as stupid as to come to here… Now?!” He hit himself on the forehead.  Multiple times.

“Is that your TARDIS from the last time you were here?”  I asked, it finally dawning on me.

The Doctor sighed.  “Yes.  This is extremely very not good.”

------------------------------------------

Yes so there you. go. Happy New Years!  Almost. :3 Sitll about 15 mins for me and I thought "Well, hey.  THESE GOOD BEAUTIFUL FANS OF MINE DESERVE SOME STORYNESS."  So here you go. :D  Yeah.  And the title is subject to change. 

Wahey!