Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I was thirteen when my older brother left. It'd been his eighteen birthday one of the biggest days for a wolf. It was the day we were finally old enough to transform into our ultimate shape. I'd been so excited to share that day with him to maybe make him smile. It has been four months since our father had been slaughtered by rouges. Our mother losing her mate turned into nothing but a cold shell.  She wouldn't eat or talk. When I tried speaking to her she appeared to be looking right through me as if I wasn't even there. It wasn't uncommon for the surviving mate to die after the other and it became clear she was going to fall into the category.  She finally gave into death four months after Luke left leaving me trully alone.

The pack didn't protest when I decided and in fact my Alpha decided to give me even more devastating news. He figured since I was leaving I should know the truth. Apparently years ago a baby girl had been found on the front of my parents porch unable to give up the girl they adopted her and decided to raise her as their own. A part of me wondered if that was why my brother left. Had he known all this time and  decide since his real family was gone why stick around? I was just some girl his parents had adopted there was no reason for him to care about me like I did him. 

For some reason when my Alpha had explained it to me a part of me sighed in relief. Luke wasn't my real brother, my parents weren't my real parents which mean I might have family some where out there right? Luke didn't need me and I didn't need him. I thought I could start fresh somewhere new and maybe move on. Living in the house I'd grown up in had been suffocating, the silence and memories pressing down on me. Nobody really ever visited me anymore and the pitying looks were sicking. 

Luke never tried to contact me during the time I stayed with our pack. Even though we wern't really related I thought a part of him might still care about me a little. As I slowly adjusted to being alone I realized he wasn't going to call. It became clear like my adoptive parents I would never see him again

It was as if he'd died too.

I was 17 now almost 18, my birthday in two months and instead of being excited like a normal wolf I was dreading the day. It was hard being a 17 year old she wolf I thought finding a pack and my own way wouldn't be hard as it was but apprently packs were really picky who they let in. It was like they had this list and for some reason I never fit the bill. Apprently they only wanted mated pairs or some big scary warrior. A short sad little teenage wolf wasn't very appealing apprently.

The music of the club vibrated through me making me zone back in and foucs as I danced against an older man my breast almost bursting from my demi bra. The flickering lights made the strawberry glitter on my skin sparkle. As you probably guessed I'm a stripper not something I'm really proud of but I couldn't really find a job that paid enough for my rent and other expenses plus I needed to save up. I had a day job working in an ice cream parlor but that wasn't enough to live on. 

 I smiled at the man as he slipped a twenty into my leather skirt that could be considered underwear.

 "Have a nice night." I said giving him a fake smile. He grinned but let me go.

I held in a shiver of disgust. Every man here was creepy and made my skin crawl. 

I moved to go toward the back room when a hand lightly grabbed my arm. I turned to see a very handsome guy a little older than me. It wasn't usual to see a guy his age here or an attractive one for that matter we really weren't the best establishment. "Hey I was wondering if you could give my buddy a dance, he just got over a bad break up." He handed me a fifty and obviously I couldn't say no. Money was money.