Wrath of Shadow [Chapter-II]

Mesh felt the heavy body of her when she wake up at exactly eight in the mornig. She stood up and commanded her quivering legs to hold its weight. She could still remember what happened last night, the track, the dead bodies, and the shirtless man who strongly protected her from the Ten wheeler Track. 

She wanted to go downstairs and ask her mom who carried her body last night but instead of doing that, she swiftly scooted into the bathroom. She looked at her face in the mirror and saw that she was still the same girl with chocolate black wavy hair, pale skin which matched with her gray gleamy eyes that shone under the classic flaurescent bulb above the wooden table beside the mirror. It was abruptly odd how a Junior Student thought of putting wooden table in the bathroom would fit on its unproper destination. 

She washed up her face and put some moisturizer. She almost cried-out after knowing she forgot her eyeglasses. She remembered when it fell out on the ground when the shirtless man saved her. It was a question to her on how she could possibly have seen his face, without her eye glasses. He was too far when he turned around to face her. But no, even now, Mesh’s vision is still clear and accurate.

“What happened to me?” she whispered and slapped her face. Ouch.

Meanwhile, Mesh decided to get ready for school. Thinking too much about it would just do no good. She wore her usual attire, cream-colored blouse with lace collars, black old-lola-fashioned knee-length skirt and ink blue rubber shoes. It was odd, she wasn’t wearing her eyesglasses. 

She saw her appearnaces on the reflection and jumped out when there was something on her neck. She softly touched it, while looking at the mirror. A birthmark? A scar? No, it just appears right now. It was like a dark and  feather shape scar, curing like it was falling from the sky. It’s dark presence makes her shuddered.

 “What is this? Ugh!” she frowned as she put drops of water on it, scrubbing and almost scratching it. Mesh was scared into death, having no clue on what’s the freaking scar that just appeared on her neck. She stopped scratching the scar when she knew it was bleeding already. She thought of how idiot she was on scratching it.

 Mesh went out and paused at the front of her dusty drawer beside the wooden cabinet that looked like a cosket. She carried the first aid kit and dropped it down into her bed. She flopped over the bed and opened the kit, picking the band aid and antiseptic. She firstly put the antiseptic to where the wound was, massaging and touching it tenderly. She finished it by putting the band aid. Mesh sighed thinking the mark on her neck.

She went down in their narrow stairs and looked for her mother. She was terrified when no one’s inside their house. Mesh scooted into the dinning area and saw the little white paper above the crystal glass table. She grabbed and read it. She sighed knowing her mother would leave for three days. Well, again.

“Undying trip, and bitchy vacation with her oh-baby-come-to-me austrailian guy. Not your boyfriend huh?” she scowled, grabbing milk in the metallic refrigerator that ahead taller than her. She poured milk, half bottle, and sat on the chair near in the sink. She drank a bit and tirely bowed her head, thinking a lot of things. How the hell her body got into that deadly road? And who’s that shirtless guy? And why did he know her name? And, and million and.

Small drops of rain flushed out the wispy clouds of fog hovering above the road when Mesh was walking going into Mile Chronic High. It’s already past ten in the morning. She hurried her pace, feeling nervous because she knew she was late already. She left her dark green wet umbrella near in the entrance. Well, at least most students put their umbrellas on the ceramic box. Though it’s punishable under the school laws.

The students were all busy, as they were preparing to the upcoming 100th  grand anniversary of MCHS. It was built when the whole land of america was devastated after the pearl harbor. They main purposed was to create an evacution for the victims who lost their houses. After a year or two, they thought of making the evacuation into a hospital, but they ended up making this a school.