Chapter 2: Obliteration

;)

* * * 

[Now]

            Two weeks.

            Two weeks, and she still hadn't come to me.

            Two weeks, and she was unquestionably screwing with me.

            Currently, Faith was picking the pocket of business men for cash. More money than she had already gotten, that is. She had this new swagger about her. She seemed to sway her hips a little more, own her body. She was even wearing a new outfit and makeup. If I wasn't in a foul mood, I'd say she looked hot as hell. But the beast was pissy and seriously needed a back rub.

            Her long black hair was slicked back in a pony tail, blue eyes shadowed and outlined with grey and black makeup. She wore tight leather pants, a dark tank top that sunk much too far past her cleavage, a worn out motorcycle leather jacket with a skull on the back, and black boots that almost went up to her thighs.

            How original, baby. Wear as much leather as you want, you're not fooling anyone.

             I know what you're thinking. Faith bought those clothes because they remind her of me. Please. She stopped being that sentimental a while ago. The little traitor wanted a war. She wanted to dig those claws of hers right under my skin and pull until I flipped a switch and snapped. She was testing me, showing me up, by proving not only what a woman can do to a man, but the power that she has over them. Maybe she was even trying to prove the power she had over me. Little brat.

            Power. Over me? Please...

            I was constantly one step ahead of her.

            Until the end.

            * * *

            It was a few nights after Faith had left me. I called Devin and told him what happened. I had convinced myself that the reason I had let Faith go was because I wanted to test her loyalty to me. Truthfully, I had no idea why I had let her go and Devin instantly caught onto that. At first, he was beyond angry, spurting out curses at me in multiple different languages and telling me how disappointed he was that I had let her go. At one point, I had the hold the phone a good two feet away from me because he was screaming so loud. He hung up minutes later. I didn't really blame him.

            Devin called back and an hour later, apologized for calling me a "whipped bastard who enjoys kneeling naked for the Elders in his free time" and, well, he went into a little bit more detail about what I like to do on my knees.

            Devin was once tight on Gabriel's trail and then lost him entirely. Gabriel might have recently fallen and been bleeding to death from the wounds on his back, but he was still near impossible to track. Always was. For a moment, I thought that Devin was ready to give up on finding his brother.

            We talked for a while about Shabriri, the once white-haired, blind prisoner who I had stored in a secret, dark place where nobody could find him. He was turned human by Faith's powers. I had visited his chamber that day and asked him many questions, mostly about Ace, the Warlock who practiced dark magic like my mother, who's life had I saved from Shabriri's hands. Although Ace had lost his vision to Shabriri, his debt to me was quite enormous.

            Ah, life. There's such a huge price to pay when I spare it. Isn't there? Ask a treacherous little sassy woman named Faith Williams, she'll completely understand. Devil's horns, that woman makes my blood boil over.