Chapter Twenty-Six: When You Mess With A Bull...

Beeeeeeeep!!!

The deafening scream of car horn pierced my eardrums as the taxi that was about to hit me stopped. The window on the driver's side rolled down a few inches and a very angry Hispanic man started to yell at me.

"Hey! Mira por donde vas imbécil!" he yelled in quick and violent Spanish as the sound of more car honks echoed behind his.

"Mira el camino pendejo!" I screeched back at him. It could have been partially due to the fact that a girl like me with untanned olive skin knew perfect Spanish or the fact that I'd just used a degrading curse word in the aforementioned language, that he recoiled fearfully and left me be.

I am not one to curse at people often but I was in a horrible mood. Usually a new mission put me in a good mood. The feeling of a new place, new environment, and endless possibilities never ceased to cause my adrenaline to run. And at that moment, I was on a mission high as I raced through the busy streets of Mexico City, Mexico. A new area of the world, don't get me wrong Europe was a dream come true, but Mexico held all new sights and sounds. And apparently, those new sounds included honking horns and cursing taxi drivers.

I guess I kind of deserved it after running across a road full of heavy traffic chasing after my mark who likes to take off running in random spurts. That was the mission of the day, try and stay on the person's trail until 5:00 that evening. I had been on their tail for almost three hours and it was nearly 2:00 in the afternoon. I was starving and hadn't eaten anything since the first class plane ride here.

Whoever my mom had set us up to follow, they were going a lot harder on us than Amanda had. I was the only one who had eyes on the mark which was why I was so obviously running through the streets of Mexico after her. Sammy and Christina had lost her when she hopped through taxi cabs about twenty minutes ago.

The walkie in my ear remained silent as I chased her and waited for her to stop running through the gosh darn streets! The woman we were chasing looked to be in her early twenties, fit, and with dark brown hair that blended in with the local Hispanic population. Her skin was also tanned which didn't help any either. Throughout the past 3 hours she had changed her outfit completely a total of 4 times. When my mother had first pointed her out she was wearing jeans and a Hard Rock Café shirt, only to reappear in a mini skirt and heels about a half an hour later. If it wasn't so irritating I would have been completely impressed. Even I would not have thought of switching into a local park keeper's maintenance outfit in order to hide was a good idea. (Though I'm not sure where she found the fake mustache...)

Finally the mark slowed to calm walk and let me follow her along a vacated street and I whispered over the walkies to Sammy and Christina.

"Following mark, going east along Rio Nazaz. She's still wearing the blue skinny jeans and plain black long sleeve, 007 over."

"Night Hawk is in the subway system about a quarter mile from there, I'll try come ASAP." Christina responded.

"Purple Cobra is on Rio Tigris, I'll wait to go in the lead." Those streets were going to meet together soon.

"No slacking, agents, keep on her."

I groaned mentally at hearing my mom over the walkies. In our first attempt at a mission without Brit, Mom was going to be our new Motherboard. No matter how ironic the name would be now, we were not going to call her that. EVER.

It was Brit's name and Brit's name alone. Needless to say, we weren't real happy having mommy all up in our grill. We soon found out that she had this habit of uttering useless bits of advice over the walkie units during times were Brit would have just left us alone to do our thing. And it was seriously getting on our nerves.