The Party

"So, Mr Fashionable, where are we getting my new clothes from?" I jabbed Tahno in the side as we walked into the main shopping district in Republic City.

"Well, I figured, you being from the earth kingdom, we get earth kingdom clothes." he explained his master plan as we walked, "We're going to 'the Four Elements' to get your everyday clothes and 'Spiritulia' for your dress and shoes for tonight. I guess we could pick you up some makeup too."

"How do you know the names of all these shops?!" I asked, confused, "I can't even remember what the brand of soap is we have back at the arena!"

"I go shopping a lot." He laughed, turning to go around the corner. As I almost walked into a lampost, he grabbed my wrist and yanked me round the corner. "Careful there, Little Lady."

As we entered the busy shopping district his hand found mine and he led me towards the Four Elements. Walking in, I gazed around and grinned. It was awesome. My attention was instantly captured by some clothes, but wandering over I noticed they weren't the type of clothes I always wear. Looking over at Tahno, I waited for his judgement. He pointed to a dark blue tunic with lighter blue and gold accents on the sleeves and middle. "That. Aaaannnnd...." He looked around then pointed to a pair of black, baggy-ish trousers, "That. Your shoes are fine right?" I'd stolen my shoes from Mako when he grew out of them.

"Yeah. My socks aren't though.." I answered, grabbing a pair of white socks from the rack. I got a pair of green tunics too, then we headed to Spiritulia.

I looked around in awe. Everywhere you looked there were amazing dresses and suits in vibrant colours. My eyes instantly fixed on one. It was a sleek emerald dress that flowed softly down towards the ground. The golden trim that ran across the torso shone in the light, creating an almost angelic look. "I want that one." I told him and I crossed the shop to get to it. The second layer of fabric was a forrest green chiffon, and the first layer was a shimmering emerald green silk. The straps crossed at my back and the gold trim accentuated my slim figure.

"Excellent choice! I'll go find you some shoes to match." He said, kissing my forehead then heading to the shoes section. The lady in the shop got the same dress from the clothes rack and led me to the changing rooms. I'd slipped out of my temporary clothes, when Tahno's voice rang across the empty changing room. I stuck my hand in the air and waved it around, "I'm in here!"

What happened next was completely unexpected. The curtain opened and enter Tahno. He held up a pair of green heels. I grinned and took them off him, slipping them on. I stood up looking at him, I beamed as I found we were almost the exact same height. I wobbled, and tripped on nothing, my head landing on his shoulder. He helped me stand up again, maintaining a firm grip on my elbows. "I've never worn heels before.." I laughed nervously.

"You'd better sit down and take those off, I don't want you hurting yourself anymore than you already are. I'll give you some... Private lessons when we get back." He told me, winking. I sat back down on the bench and unbuckled the heels, taking them off and putting them on the bench next to me. As I stood up and turned to face him, he pushed me up against the wall and sealed his lips to mine.

I let out a noise of surprise, sparks shooting through my body, that was muffled by his lips on mine. When my head stopped spinning, I grinned into the kiss, and slipped an arm around the back of his neck as he slipped his around my waist and we pulled each other even closer. He grazed his teeth along my lower lip and tugged on it slightly. Groaning into his mouth, I felt my face heat up and pulled away, breathless. "Private lessons?"

"On how to walk in heels, duh. What did you think I meant?" He smirked, his trademark, before closing the small gap between us. As much as I was enjoying this, I was still half naked and I still needed to try on the dress. I pulled away, breathing heavily. "Can we continue this later?" I smiled, "I've got a dress to try on."