Chapter 18 ~ Merry Christmas ~

Little late for the Christmas chapter, but it's not too late. :) I hope you all had a great Christmas. :D

Omgsh you guys. I have over a hundred votes on a few of my chapters and some chapters are just shy 20 or less votes! :D Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me when you guys comment and vote.

Rue <3

Chapter 18 ~ Merry Christmas ~

“Brandy...Brandy...Brandy!”

“Huh?” I moaned, pushing my face deeper into my pillow.

“Brandy, get up! It's Christmas!” My head shot up, knocking Meena to the ground.

“Meena?! Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry.” I got out of bed helping her off the floor.

“It's okay.” Her bright smile made her gorgeous green eyes shine under the light of the room. “Come on, it's Christmas.” She grabbed my hand, yanking me towards the door.

“I'm coming, I'm coming, just don't pull my arm off.” She giggled, loosening her grip ever so slightly.

“You should see all the pretty presents under the tree!”

“Mhm.” I smiled at her wild excitement.

“Comm'on Brandy! You're so slow.” Meena whined, yanking my arm impatiently.

“How do you have such energy in the morning?” I asked with a yawn.

“But it's Christmas? Aren't you excited?”

“Of course.” I put on cheerful face and picked up my pace behind her. Truth was, I wasn't too excited. It wouldn't be anything like Christmas back home. Yes, my own brother and parents betrayed me, but I still missed them and Christmas wouldn't be anything without them.

“Ah, there you are. Thank you for getting her, Meena, you're too sweet.” Adelaide charmed her with a smile and handed her a stocking filled to the brim with various things.

“Thank you!” She let out a squeal before running over to Mr. Crowley, who sat in a black leather chair next to the Christmas tree, and dumped the contents of the stocking all over the floor. From the corner of my eye, I could see Master Carthwrite glaring at her. No doubt it was for spilling candy and chocolates on the floor.

“Here's yours, Brandy.” She beamed at me, handing me the stocking before sitting down on the couch. “Oh, Brandy?” I brought my eyes away from the yellow stocking in my hands.

“Yes?”

“Could you go get the guards?” She asked politely.

“Mother!” Master Carthwrite growled.

“Hey, it's Christmas! And I bought some stuff for them too. Now, please go get them.” I nodded and placed my stocking on the floor, leaning it up against the wall so everything wouldn't fall out. On my way out of the room, I could here Adelaide telling Master Carthwrite he had to be nice to his guards and how they do so much for him. I agreed completely with her; they did do a lot of stuff for him, but then again, he could afford to be nicer to everyone.

Making my way down the stairs, I smiled at the fact that Master Carthwrite had kept his word. I check in on Allen everyday, making sure he wasn't hurt. True, a man's promise means nothing to me, but Master Carthwrite doesn't seem like the type of person to lie except to his Mother. I rolled my eyes at the thought; Adelaide knew when he was lying. It was as if the word 'liar' was written all over his face.