Chapter 25

Chapter 25

“What is going on here?” My dad yelled.

“Uh…” I muttered.

I hadn’t noticed I was still on Layton’s lap.  I quickly shuffled off him and shakily stood up. Layton tried to get me back on his lap but I slapped his hand away.

“I want an answer. Why were you kissing my daughter?” My dad asked Layton, his voice showing just how angry he was.

I really didn’t want Layton to answer anything to my dad. I knew how he got when someone challenged him.

“Cassidy’s mine,” Layton replied, swiftly wrapping his arm around my waist.

I tried pushing him away, but he held on to me tightly.

“What do you mean she’s yours?” My dad snapped, taking a few steps closer to us.

He was glaring at the tight hold Layton had on me.

“Dad, Layton means that I’m his girlfriend,” I said.

I softly ran my hand over Layton’s chest, trying to be discreet. Layton was shaking. I was well aware that that wasn’t a good sign.

I did notice however that Layton was keeping me in front of him, partly covering him from my parents. I didn’t understand why he was doing that, until I felt him press more into my back. He was still excited from our previous make out session.

It was the wrong moment to be smiling, but I couldn’t help the grin that took over my face when I felt his member pressing against my back.

“I’ve never met you. Then you show up carrying my unconscious daughter,” my dad accused, looking between Layton and I suspiciously. “I didn’t know I had given you permission to start dating, Cassidy.”

It was strange to have my dad looking at me so serious. He usually took on that look when we were training. We had never had a boy problem, because I’d never really been interested in dating.

The only reason I didn’t laugh at what was happening was because I felt embarrassed that my parents had caught us in a compromising situation.

“Dad, just cut us some slack. We weren’t doing anything too bad,” I tried to reason.

“You weren’t doing anything too bad?” My dad repeated, harshly.

I looked down at the floor, cringing back from his words. Layton growled at my dad, so I quickly put my hand over his, trying to calm him down. I really did not need Layton going after my dad.

“If we hadn’t come in when we did, I’m not sure what we would’ve found!” My dad yelled.

“Cassidy and I didn’t do anything wrong. I kissed her. That was all. We wouldn’t do anything else because this is your home and we won’t disrespect it,” Layton steadily told my dad.

My dad walked toward Layton, looking angrier than I had ever seen him. I was scared that he would do something that would trigger Layton’s Wolf.

Layton must’ve seen the look on my dad’s eyes. He slowly began moving me so that I was standing behind him, like if he needed to protect me from my own dad.

My dad stopped in front of Layton, his scowl deeper than it had been before. Even though my dad had trained and taught me how to fight and defend myself, I always looked at him like a family man. In that moment, he looked ready to murder Layton.

“You shouldn’t be doing that with my daughter, anywhere!” My dad snapped at Layton.  

If only for a second, I was glad that it stopped there. Both my mom and I sighed of relieve because both my dad and Layton had stood still. My dad had just turned to walk away, when Layton decided to speak again.