The Vampire Diaries - Fan Fiction

Read my other story 'Waking up.' :)

Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction.

__

Elena slung her bag over her shoulder, brushing her hair over the other and running her fingers through it. Her Starbucks coffee tumbler, filled with homemade crap, was hot in her hand as her footsteps echoed off the pavement as she made her way to school.

Her head moved back to her house and forward to her destination as she checked it was clear to cross the street. It was only then that she realised that the world had gone silent. At least, hers had.

Elena narrowed her eyes as she tried to look for signs of life in the distance, but there was no movement. Not even the usual annoying caw from the ravens as they slashed their way through the air.

"Hello?" She called to no one in particular, just hoping there was someone there to hear her. Thinking back, Jeremy's bed had been undisturbed and Aunt Jenna had left to go to work already; so she thought.

She turned quickly when she heard a disturbance behind her, a rustling of a bush, but her eyebrows furrowed in frustration as she realised there was no one there.

Shaking her head and thinking that everything was just quiet today, that she was making a huge deal out of nothing, Elena turned to head to school; there would be people there.

She almost walked straight into Damon, gasping in fright as his vicinity became clear.

"Hello, Elena. You look lost. You know you're only a minute or two away from home, don't you?" He said with an over enthusiastic laugh, a tight, sadistic smile on his lips as he leant down so his and Elena's faces were centimetres apart.

"But Stefan; well, he's no where to be seen." Damon purred, raising an eyebrow before leaning in and pressing his mouth to Elena's.

His lips were surprisingly soft and she found herself letting him move his hand up to the nape of her neck, letting him move his lips there and-

A blood-curdling scream left Elena's lips as her blood flowed over her white blouse and black vest, and her eyes shot open to find Damon smiling at her once again - but his lips and teeth were the same pale shade they always were.

Elena's legs crumpled beneath her as her head started to spin. She clenched her fists and closed her eyes, breathing deeply, blocking out the pain. The turn her neck made was agonising, but when she opened her eyes, they were holding Stefan's piercing black stare. Red seeped from his mouth.

Elena Gilbert woke with a scream, but a hand was put over her mouth before the noise could wake Jeremy or Jenna up. Her big brown eyes looked into Damon's, but she knew she was no longer dreaming.

She wasn't scared of Damon in the real world.

Elena brought her hand up to her forehead and wiped off the thin sheen of sweat that had formed while she had slept.

"Tut tut. I thought you would have put up a better fight than that, El." Damon murmured, sitting on the foot of her bed, his blue eyes boring into hers.

"It was fun, though." He continued, leaning down on his side on her fluffy white duvet, his head held up by his hand as his arm rested on the bed.

Elena shook her head, closing her eyes in frustration, remembering back to the time she'd first invited Damon in. Now, she fully regretted it. This was the second time this week she'd woken up to him.

Absent-mindedly reaching for her cell phone, Elena left the warmth and comfort of her bed to go to the mirror, hitting the second key on her phone and letting speed dial do its work.

"Elena? What's wrong?" Stefan answered seconds latet, his voice groggy and tired, but alert at the same time. She turned to Damon, who was pouting and twirling his hair around his index finger, almost begging for her to let him stay.

"Nothing's wrong. Well, I guess some people would call this wrong. Can you come pick up your brother?" She asked in a frustrated tone, groaning before sitting down on the rocking chair that had belonged to her mother.

"Of course." Stefan replied, very formal, but unable to hide satisfaction out of his voice. Once he took Damon home, that meant he'd be able to stay at Elena's. She didn't allow it any other night. He may not need that much sleep but Jenna wouldn't let her have him over in daylight hours, even, if her grades started to drop.

The call ended, and Elena dropped her phone onto the chair, walking over to Damon.

"How does that make you happy?" She asked with an eyebrow raised, poking him in the chest and cocking her head to the side.

"As I said - it's fun. For both of us, you could say. How about we make that kiss .. Reality?" He asked with a smirk, his eyebrows raised. The tone his suggestion was in almost made it sound reasonable.

"Rather die." Elena said softly, smirking at Damon and turning back around to the mirror.

"Come on." He said, in a slightly aggravated voice, rolling his eyes and appearing next to Elena in a second, his hand on the back of her neck.

"Are you sure-" He leant down, his fangs touching her gently. "-You'd rather die?"

Damon closed his lips and pressed them onto the nape of Elena's neck, a mischievous smile on his face.

Suddenly, she felt nothing behind her. Damon's presence had gone, and she let out her breath. Elena hadn't realised that she'd been holding it.

But before she turned to see where he'd gone, the warmth returned and lips were pressed back onto her shoulder.

"Hey Stefan." She said with a small laugh, turning around and putting her arms around his neck. Elena looked behind him and saw Damon facing the window, his arms crossed, and his body silhouetted against the moonlight.

"Sorry about him." He said, one side of his lips raised in a half smile as he studied Elena's face.

"It's okay. You're here now. He can leave."

Damon smirked, and before Elena could look over at the window, she felt his presence leave the room. She held back a shiver that ran through her whenever she was alone with Stefan.

"Nightmares again?" He asked, running his hand down the arch of her back. Elena sighed, pressing a hand to her heart, which was faster than a hummingbird's.

"Nothing too out of the ordinary." She murmured, breaking out of Stefan's embrace and going back to the bed.

"Elena - Everything is out of the ordinary with Damon." He said with a laugh.