Chapter 3: Rogue

Photo to the side is of Jun Alexander Hiatus. >>

~

The Alpha's face came into view. Then, Klein's. They were walking closely together, but Klein slightly behind. It was a way to show subordination, and to Klein it must have come automatically. His head was hung high, but not higher than Jun's father. 

Jun was standing idly in the pack garden. It was his daily past time when he wasn't worrying about pack duties. He didn't have a lot, he noticed, and that didn't slide easily with him. He didn't want to be pampered as he most commonly was. He wanted a piece of this pack for himself, and with his father treating him like pure gold, he didn't have the opportunity. 

"Son," his father addressed as he neared Jun. "I need you to return to the house. It's not safe out here."

Jun mentally cursed. 

"The Scouts haven't made their morning report," the Alpha continued. "Klein and I are going to see if their dead or just incompetent."

"I go with you." Jun jumped at the chance to leave and explore. 

"No," his father said quickly. 

"I-"

"No." This time it was Klein. "Your safety is our first priority." 

Jun's father nodded his head in agreement as he smiled at the young Beta. Jun, whose mouth hung open, was too shocked to utter a reply. He looked to the blonde Beta with so many things to say, but he couldn't even say one thing. He felt something dangerous creep up in his throat. 3 words. 

I want you. 

He swallowed them back down. If he had thought Klein attractive before, you can imagine how he felt when Klein started to order him around. It made his head spin with so many sensuous emotions. He wanted Klein to order him around more.

But as he arrived out of his imagination, Klein and his father were already walking towards the outskirts of the little village. They were now accompanied by many of the other pack members, Warriors, who were bred to fight and scout. Through his own eyes, Jun witnessed for the first time the Change of Klein Britanis. 

Klein's blurry form wavered and sputtered until he was in his wolf form. A huge, dark grey wolf with red eyes. His father Changed as well, but Jun was so focused on the built wolf's form he barely noticed. As he watched on, Klein turned back, locking eyes one last time until he disappeared from view and into the forest. 

Nothing short of amazing Jun thought as he walked back to his room, plotting on ways to make Klein Britanis his and only his. 

~

"The report?" The alpha asked one of the Scouts who had spotted the rogue earlier this morning. "I need to know every single detail, do you understand? If you leave anything out, I'll kill you right here." He let his concerned facade drop along with the kindness he only used on his son, Jun.

The Scout's eyes dropped to the Wintery forest floor. "S-sir," he sputtered. "We spotted the, uh, lone wolf about two hours ago while on our training run with the runts." He looked over to the more timid looking wolves in the corner. They weren't born wolves, they were Turned, and they had one job. "We pursued but-"

"But?" Steam was practically coming out of the Alpha's nose. He searched the Scouts down-turned eyes. 

"We lost him, sir," the Scouts whispered. The Winter air was silent all except for those words. They sunk into the Alpha's skull and it took his whole being not to strike down the scared little bastard right then and there. He would have, too, if not for Klein Britanis.