Dot to Dot

His fingers spread over his back softly, cold pale fingers among a warm normal skinned boy. Like his face, his back and other various parts of his body were covered in freckles. It was both amusing and beautiful and just absolutely enthralling. His fingers slide from one to the next, lazy strokes as the boy beneath his hand smiles.

Not a single word is uttered as Jack works along his back. He was determined to touch each freckle individually, even if it took him all night. Cupid was relaxed, his eyes closed and a warm smile on his lips. Very rarely did the two of them ever just share a moment such as this; intimate and passionate without a single sexual deed done, besides the occasional kisses Jack would trail over his shoulder and upper back.

Down the middle of his spine, slowly, carefully, eyes mapping out each freckle with deliberation as if he might just miss a single dot. He licks his lips as he focuses, shifting just slightly to press a little closer to the warmth of his lover. His cold fingers on Cupid’s skin raise goose bumps, which causes a soft laugh to pass Jack’s lips.

Cupid replies to his laugh with a hum of amusement, and then they both draw back into silence. It was sacred sharing a moment like this with another being; close and trusting of the other; allowing them to touch and cradle them with love and protection. Jack wasn’t even sure he and Spade could share such a moment as this.

Dipping down, he kisses the curve of Cupid’s spine, before moving his finger again; dot to dot to dot, memorizing and feeling every dip and curve and smoothness of his skin. The boy beneath him gives a soft noise as Jack’s fingers brush along a sensitive spot. Freckle to freckle; dot to dot, until each has been discovered by the spirit.

“I love you.” He whispers, his lips against skin and cold breath against warmth that causes a shiver from the boy beneath him.

“And I love you.” He murmurs in reply, his voice slow and far away, telling Jack he was close to falling asleep.

His fingers reach his lower back, drifting to his hips. His lips kiss across his shoulder blades and he smiles. “You’re beautiful. Every little bit of you, from every strand of your hair, to your abilities and body structure; your wings and every single little freckle covering your body.” He knew Cupid wouldn’t remember this conversation in his half asleep state, but he still longed to say the words. “You’re a constellation; composed of infinite stars and galaxies, and shining like the brightest star out there.”

Wrapping his arm around Cupid’s waist, he curls into his side and kisses the boy’s temple before he allows his own eyes to shut and to fall asleep beside his lover.