Chapter One.

A/N *Chapter one! Woo! *jumps up and down* xD

Arabella's P.O.V:

My eyes flickered open, and the first thing I felt was my arm throbbing. I looked down at it and sure enough, it was red and puffy. My head also hurt. It felt as if it had been bumped against something. I started to rub it when a boy walked in. Wait...was it the boy I bumped in to on the street? No. That's impossible.

"Sorry about your head. We accidentally dropped you on the way in here." The boy walked over and sat next to me on the couch. I was laying down, so it was a little awkward.

"Where am I? Who are you?" I tried to maneuver myself so that I was facing him. He was just as handsome as I remembered. He flipped his black hair to the side, trying not to look me in the eyes.

"I wish I could tell you." He shook his head, departing once again before I could ask him what that meant.

**************************************************************************************************************************

"Hey-I think she's waking up!" an eager voice said. I must've fallen asleep. I was awake, but I wasn't going to let them know it.

I half-opened my eyes to see the first guy getting slapped in the head. "HEY! What the firetruck was that for!?"

I quickly shut my eyes, laughing on the inside. I thought I was the only one who said what the firetruck. Realizing the circumstances I was in, I regained composure.

"Just for being yourself." The second guy said. These guys seemed like they'd be really cool to hang out with. Although if they had any part in my kidnapping, that would make what I just thought awkward.

"WELL THANKS A LOT!" The first guy shouted over-dramatically. I heard footsteps as he ran out of the room.

"Hey. It's time to wake up, love." The second guy shook me, and I sat up immediately. Startled by my sudden movement, he jumps off the couch, and falls to the floor.

"Don't call me love." I said a little harshly. He got up off the floor and stood up.

"Were you awake this whole time?"

He asks. He looks at the couch as if he is debating wether sitting next to me will cause trouble for him or not.

"Maybe." I said casually, trying not to act intimidated by him. He had light brown hair that came down to his neck, and bright green eyes.

"Oh. Okay well, my name's Matt." He says sounding a bit shaken up. I wondered why he would be scared to tell me his name.

"Oh hello...my name's Arabella." I said

slowly. It seemed that both of us were a little unsure of ourselves in this situation.

"That's a pretty name." He smiles at me the same way the boy in the street did. The boy that was here for some reason....

"Thank you." I tried to seem indifferent. If I showed any emotion, I would get attached. And I couldn't let that happen.

"I'm sorry about Blade." He chuckled, and I smiled remembering his bubbly personality. Blade seemed like such a harsh name for such an eager personality. As if sensing we were talking about him, he walks in.

"HEY!" He jumps on the couch and on to my lap. I couldn't help but laugh hysterically. This guy was just too much.

"Hey you're awake! What's your name!" He smiles at me. He had a nice smile. Blade had dirty blonde hair, kind of like Matt's style. He also had soft brown eyes filled with kindness, and a child-like innocence.

Blade had gauges, which I didn't mind. They looked good on him.

"Her name is Arabella" Matt said to Blade. Blade's smile got wider. For kidnappers, these guys sure smiled a lot.

"That's a beautiful name." The smile never left his face, and I wondered if this was a good time to ask about the boy who brought me here.

"Hey, isn't there another guy here?" I asked hoping they would tell me who he was. It's not like I would get more than two words from him.

"Oh...you must mean Ryan." Matt said quietly. I looked at Blade, who seemed forlorn as well. I knew what my next question would be.

"Why did he kidnap me?" I asked a little scared of their previous reactions. Ryan didn't seem dangerous...

"No one has ever known. Not even Blade and I. All we know is that anyone he takes, never sees home again." I was so frustrated with this whole situation. What does he want me for? I was never much use to anyone.

"So...so I'll never see home again?" I started to tear up. This wasn't fair.

Blade and Matt softly shook their heads yes, and I broke down. I sat on the floor in a ball, and just started crying.

"Arabella, shh." They say trying to comfort me. Blade takes me in his arms and places me on his lap, wrapping his arms around me. His head lay in the nape of my neck as I sobbed.

Matt stood there, unsure of what to do. As if out of no where, Ryan appears. We all stop what we are doing at the moment to look at him. His blue eyes burn holes in all three of us. His snakebites gleamed, and I wonder why I've never noticed them before. He looks at me for awhile. For a second, I thought I saw a touch of pity in his eyes, but it quickly vanished.

He glared at all of us one last time until finally exiting the room. If there was one thing I could say about Ryan at the moment, it would be that he definitely makes an entrance.

We all stayed silent, fearing he was listening to our conversations. I just wanted to go home and never see his face again.

*Ryan's P.O.V*

As soon as I got her home, I just let her rest. Blade and Matt will probably end up making friends with her, as they do with my other victims.

It's not a wise decision on their part; I never keep my victims for long. But I can't really do anything about it. They seem to get attached to ever one of them. Not me. I don't get attached not because I don't want to; because I can't.

About an hour later I heard Matt and Blade talking to her. I was curious to know what they were saying. They were asking her her name, and she seemed unsure of how to answer.

They eventually brought me up, and they told her my name. I stiffened. They knew I didn't like to get attached. Almost none of my victims even knew so much as my name. It all starts with a name.

No one knows of my past, or what I do with my victims. Not even Matt and Blade. The way I see it, anyone I let in only ends up disappointing me.

I decided to make an entrance, just to remind everyone who's boss around here. I walk in to the room, and Blade, Matt, and Arabella's eyes immediately landed on me. They stopped talking, and a heavy silence fell upon the room. Good.

I met everyone's eyes at least once, but I looked in to Arabella's twice. She was looking at me, but obvious fear in her eyes. Her mind was on something else which was a technique I've used time and time again. Whenever I was scared or didn't want to face something. I tore my eyes away from hers, and walked out.

"Louder Than Thunder" by The Devil Wears Prada played on my I-pod as I walked outside, sitting in the curb. I pulled out a cigarette, taking long drags. I ran a hand through my hair.

The scars were still there; mentally and emotionally. Even though I'm away from it all, the emptiness will never leave me. The feeling of worthlessness. The feeling that things will never change. I've never been stable. That's probably because I never really had a childhood. I'm messed up for good. And no one's going to change that.

A/N IF YOU READ THIS YOU GET A COOKIE!!!! *gives readers cookies* :D