Chapter 3 - Part 2

I expected Neve to be angry as well but she surprised me by giving me a weak smile.

"Come lets go sit down and wait for them to calm down," she suggested before she pulled me towards the living room.

We sat down next to each other on one of the two-seated sofas. My shoulders sagged as I clasped my hands together.

"How are you feeling?" she asked as she look down at my hand.

"Physically I feel fine," I answered and I dropped my gaze to my hands. The blue energy was still going strong. It would be very difficult to hide if I had this over my whole body. I would look like a walking disco.

"They're right, you put us all at risk," she said quietly adding to the guilt I already felt. "But there is no use getting angry over this. It's over and luckily no one saw anything."

I kept quiet, thankful that she was being understanding.

"Next time something happens don't keep it to yourself," she suggested and I nodded.

"I've learned my lesson trust me. I never meant to endanger everyone," I said, holding her gaze.

"I know," she said. Her hand reached out and covered mine. I was starting to feel a little better. I didn't believe that Jared or Tyler would forgive me as easily as she had. I had my doubts on whether they would forgive me.

"How does your hand feel?"

"It feels okay," I said looking down at my hand. It didn't hurt. It felt a tingling sensation on my skin. I wondered if it would be gone by the time Anne got home later. If not that was going to open a whole other can of problems I didn't need at the moment.

Two Archaic that were mad at me was enough but that number was probably going to increase when the other Archaic found out. I wondered if it would be enough for Jennifer to lose her cool and zap me. She'd never liked me and I'd just given her the best excuse to do away with me.

"You stay here. I'm going to check Jared and Tyler. I want to see if they've managed to calm down," she said as she got up and walked out.

I sat there for a while before all three of them walked into the lounge. Jared and Tyler refused to make eye contact with me as they followed in behind Neve. They were clearly still pissed. I couldn't really blame them. It was their job to look after everyone and keep their secret safe. I'd nearly jeopardized everything.

Usually Jared would stand nearby but he was clearly still angry with me because he sat opposite me. Tyler paced up and down between us.

Neve was the only one in the room that wasn't angry with me because she sat down on the sofa beside me.

"Why blue?" Tyler murmured still pacing.

"It makes no sense," Jared added, deep in thought. He still wouldn't look at me. I wondered how long he was going to stay angry with me.

"We have white, why would hers be blue?" Tyler spoke his thoughts out aloud.

He stopped pacing and turned to Jared. They were as clueless as I was.

"Maybe it has something to do with being a synthetic," Tyler continued. He turned to face me. His eyes went straight to my hand.

"But surely if she was becoming one of us she would have white?" Jared asked.

Was he right? Could it be that because I was synthetic the process had changed the colour of my energy?

Tyler swung back to face Jared.

"Could there still be some Hue energy left over in her that is affecting the Archaic energy?' Jared asked Tyler. I also had a fear that a part of me would always hold that Hue like energy that had tainted me first.