Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Elle

       “John!” I yelled, as I entered the condo once again. I turned my head, and saw that he had remained in the same dull position on the couch for the duration of time I had been gone.

       “What?” he shouted back.

       “You’ll never guess who I ran into!” I said, as I sat down on the leather couch, and lay my legs on top of him. I was still shocked.

       “That douche who works at Starbucks, and keeps asking you out?” he questioned, playfully pushing my legs off.

       “His name is Blake, and yes, but not to whom I was referring.”

       “Okay, who’d you see?”

       “Nick.” When I saw him at Starbucks, it was like seeing a ghost; a very attractive, healthy, muscular looking ghost. 

       “Nick Ross?”

       “No, Nick Jonas. Yes Nick Ross!”

       “Oh. What’s he doing here? I thought he was training for the Olympics or some shit?” he said, adjusting his stance.

       “I don’t know. But he’s here now...”

       “Great, I guess?”

       “We’ll have to wait and see if it does result in being a great thing or not.”

       “So what about Jake?” Yeah, what about Jake? I’m more than sure he won’t be the happiest camper when he finds out Nick’s back, but I guess he’ll just to have to deal as will the rest of us.

       “Umm… I don’t know; he’s still my boyfriend...”

       “Okay, well can I be there when you break up with him?”

       “What? Why would I...”

       “You’re kidding, right? You and Nick are seriously the best couple I’ve ever seen. And also I’d just love to see sweet little Elle Paterson break someone’s heart. Oh wait! Seen it, and lived through it!”

       “Oh come on John! You’re with Kara! Everything’s fine!”

       “Yeah, but Kara isn’t you, and she’s in New York!”

       “Kara’s a… great girl, and you two are perfect for each other!” Both have egos that you can smell from a mile away, an abnormal love of tanning, and a strong addiction to clothing. To put it in easier terms: John + Kara = Perfection. 

       “Fine,” he grumbled.

       “Johnny! Don’t be mad at me!” I pleaded.

       “I’m not, just a little perturbed.”

       “Good word Mr. I Now Attend Harvard.”

       “Thank you very much Little Ms. Perfect Also Attending Harvard.”

       “Oh you’re so welcome!”

       “When’s the new roommate coming?” he asked, getting up from the couch and stretching. 

       “I don’t know,” I yawned.

       “I hope they don’t have a midwestern accent; those are so annoying to listen to!” he complained.

       I heard a knock on the front door, and perked up. “Speaking of our new midwestern best friend, I believe that would be them now,” I said, looking over to the door. All I’m praying is that they’re just a normal, quiet, good, unspoiled, grateful, nice, somewhat intelligent, chill kid. Is that too much to ask for? Yeah, it probably is...