Wait For Me Part 2: Reaccurance

I was shaken out of my reverie by my dad's booming voice.

"MACKENZIE! YOURE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!" He shouted. I turned off the shower, with a squeek, and got out. I wrapped my plush,white, cotton towel around my soaking body. I wiped the mirror off with my hand, trying to clear away the fog. I stared at my self in the mirror. It was gonna be a good day, i could tell. I had one of those tingly feelings in the pit of my stomach. I tilted my head to see the three scratch marks on my neck. I shuddered as i remembered how i got them. I wiped the steamy water off my body in a quick five minutes. I was pressed for time. I threw on my robe and dashed to my closet. I stubbed my toe on the door frame.

"F**K!!" I heard my dad come up the stairs.

"You say something?"

"No!" I shouted back, trying to keep my voice normal, "Im fine!"

"You ok?" I heard him take another step up the stairs.

"I SAID I WAS FINE! GO BACK DOWNSTAIRS!" I bellowed. Harsh, i know. But my dad has been severley on my case. He didn't say anything back, and just went down the stairs. I limped to my closet, my big toe throbbing and turning a blood red, and threw it opened.

"So much for my good day." I said. It looked like Ingla, the housekeeper, forgot to do my laundry. So my choice in clothes was limited. I went with my long sleeved purple V-neck shirt and my black capris from Pac Sun, with my purple and black apple bottom sneakers.

I grabbed my black and purple checkered messenger bag. I threw my wallet, hair brush, and books, all in, no time to organize. I kissed Bailey's furry head.

"Bye, baby." I tromped down the stairs. I walked straight past my dad mumbling a hello.

"Arentcha gonna eat?" He questioned. I had one hand on the silver door knob. I let it drop with a huff. I hung my head back in defeat.

"No dad. Really, why do you ask? I never eat breakfast." I said fed up with his necessities.

"Because it looks like my baby girl is withering away. I haven't seen you eat since Devanah died." I looked away to hide my blush.

"Im not your baby girl dad. And don't you ever mention her name." I said lowly.

"Mackenzie im--" I slammed the door on his apology. I stomped towards my Camaro. I threw my bag in and slammed the door. I saw my dad jogging out, trying to catch up with me. I threw my car in reverse, the tires screeching against the cement, almost hitting this sleek, black, BMW. I honked and stuck my middle finger out the sunroof. I barreled towards HIALEAH GARDENS SHS (actual school), nestled comfortably in the Hialeah Gardens suburbs (actual place). The BMW that i cut off pulled in next to me at the school. I didn't recognize the car, so i pulled in next to the driver, grabbed my bag out my car, and sprinted off towards HR. I arrived, with a slight sheen of sweat on my forehead, and breathless.

"Whats up with you?" Corey said, his eyebrows furrowing when he saw my disheveled state.

"I was running." He rolled his eyes.

"Uh der! I could tell that. I mean why?"

"I kind of almost hit this black BMW, trying to get away from my dad. But then he pulled up next to me in the parking lot just now. So i ran, to avoid confrontation." I said.

"Aw, Mac! Come on. You were afraid of a fight? You know i woulda had your back."

"Thanks!" I went in for a hug. Corey smelled like mint and chocolate chips. He smelled like home.

"Can I join in on this love fest?" A deep, gravely voice said. One of Corey's friends, i figured. So i popped in my earbuds and waited for whoever it was to go away. Either that or for Mrs.Saeva to get in. I was only 30 seconds into Pretty.Handsome.Akward by The Used, when i felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned down my Ipod just a smidge, not looking up.

"If it's Darrel or Mike, you owe me 5 bucks from last week." I said scrolling through my songs.

"Its neither. Would you please look at me? I don't think i should touch you or i mite be eating through a tube." He said with a chuckle. I gasped and looked up.

"No way!"

OOOOOOO CLIFFY! I love it. Ok im bbored. Its mid term week so we have days off, so yea this was quick. and im sorry this is so short but this is how itd written in my journal. Well sorta. O.o