3. [Amanda]

I looked at my best friend with awe and extreme satisfaction. We did it! It didn't take much to bring out the Isabella Ace I always saw. Her long mid-length brown hair was styled with light curls while her skin was accentuated by her subtle, yet beautiful makeup. Her blue eyes were daunting as they contrasted with her eye shadow, while her cheeks and lips had a faint, but recognizable glow. Even the blue dress she wore was amazing. Big or not, she was gorgeous. It was a shame that no one else could see this.

"Izzy, you look amazing," I exclaimed.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Yeah, right."

I frowned at her response. "But Izzy, you do! Just look in the mirror," I said, and pushed her in front of the full-sized mirror.

Izzy paused and gasped at her appearance. "I-I actually look decent for once."

"Decent?  You're hot, Izzy." 

"I wouldn't go that far—"

"Nonsense. You're pretty, and don't you forget it." 

She smiled. I could tell my enthusiasm was beginning to affect her now. "Thank you, Amanda," she said, as she hugged me. "I owe you."

"Hey, don't sweat it. You having fun with Jason tonight will be more than enough to repay me," I answered, and hugged her back.

"Yeah well, Jason's probably going to be hanging out with his friends tonight," she stated, as she released me. "He probably won't even notice me."

"And?" I raised a brow at her. "Get him to notice you then."

"There's no way I'll be able to talk to him, let alone get him to actually notice me."

"You don't know that," I sang teasingly. "Don't be such a Debbie Downer." I laughed, swatting her shoulder.

"Whatever, can we just get this over with already?" she asked, and headed towards the door.

"What did I say, Izzy?" I said and followed after her. "Think positively!"

She grumbled something under her breath, but I didn't miss the small smile on her face. I smiled, knowing that she was more excited about this party than she's willing to let on.

It wasn't long before we'd arrived at Jason's house. As we exited the car, I could already hear the thump of the bass as music that wasn't really my taste, blared. I tugged at my skirt, yanking it down just a bit as I caught the eyes of two grinning baboons. I didn't want their shady attention—tonight was all about Izzy.

"Ready?" I asked my best friend.

Her eyes were hesitant. "As ready as I'll ever be," she mumbled and walked to the door as if she was approaching her grave.

"That's the spirit," I said and slapped her on the back.

"Yeah, yeah," she muttered and waved me off.

When we got inside the house, there were people everywhere. Everyone was either dancing or making out. Though, admittedly, not everyone was on the dance floor grinding against one another. Some of the guys were playing beer pong and doing jello shots in the kitchen.

"So, how do you like it so far?" I asked Izzy.

"Fine, I guess. It's just like any other party, right?" she replied, solemnly.

"Yeah, but this time, you're all dressed up, and looking gorgeous."

"Yes, I know . . . you've only said that about a thousand times."

"But you really do," I told her again with a smile.

"Sure—" Before she could finish, a girl with slick hair and a smirk came sauntering over. When she got closer, I immediately knew it was Rachel, the annoying bitch that hung around Thomas.

"Isabella, is that you?" she asked, her eyes wide. Even though she pulled off the surprised look really well, I could still make out the disgusted look in her eyes. If I didn't want to be kicked out already, I would've decked her.

"Yes?" Isabella said, lowering her gaze from Rachel's intense stare. My eyes narrowed. What did she really want from Izzy? Couldn't she tell she was far from welcomed?

"You look good," she said, her tone almost degrading. Clearly this girl was playing up the works. I sent her a glare that she promptly ignored.

"Thanks . . . I guess," Isabella said, picking at the hem of her dress.

"What are friends for." I couldn't help rolling my eyes at her. Friends, my ass. "Say, we're just about to start a new game, want to play?"

"What are we playing?" I asked and wondered why she was even talking to us. It's not like either of us were subtle about not liking each other.

"Seven minutes in heaven," Rachel replied back with a sultry smirk.

I narrowed my eyes. "What do we have to do?" I asked.

"It's really simple, actually. We blindfold you and send you into a closet with a mystery guy. And then . . ." She wiggled her eyebrows. "Well, I'm sure you can figure out why it's called Seven Minutes in Heaven." My eyes widened at what she was getting at.

"So, do you want to play, or what?" I heard the pushiness in her voice and once again wondered what she was up to. I shrugged it away though and decided to see if maybe this game would make Isabella enjoy the party a little more.

"How about it, Izzy?" I asked, not feeling too hopeful about her answer.

"No." She shrugged and turned back to Rachel, who appeared to be getting more bored by the second.

"I think we'll pass."

"Oh come on, it'll be fun, and . . . Jason, and a lot of other hot guys will be playing." Her whining was getting on my last nerves, but my ears perked up at hearing Jason's name.

"Fine, we'll play," I answered back, grinning. This was finally the chance Isabella had been waiting for. She could finally confess her love for him, and trust me that girl has it bad for him.

"Great." She beamed. "Isabella, since you look especially pretty today, you can go first." Her voice was airy as she smiled, handing her a blindfold.

"Um, okay," Isabella said with a sigh and took it.

Once it was on, Rachel practically forced Isabella into the closet, telling her one of the guys would be coming soon. I hoped for my friend's sake that it was Jason.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Rachel and some other girls talking in low voices. When I focused in though, Rachel left the group. To my horror she came back a few seconds later with Thomas, the fucking douchebag.

No!

Thomas was possibly the biggest tool that has ever lived and was totally not nice to Isabella. Now, I knew for a fact that they were definitely up to something.

I quickly moved to stop him from going in but a girl wearing an illegal mini-skirt and too much perfume, pulled me back. When I felt the cold metal against my wrists, I looked down to see my hands handcuffed together.

"What the hell? Let me go!"

I struggled as much as I could, but found that I couldn't move from my place. She had my hands twisted together and locked together behind my back. I tried to yell out to Izzy, but another girl in the same trashy outfit as the first one blocked my view and covered my mouth, fixing me with a death glare. I normally wasn't intimidated by bimbos, but I was sadly outnumbered.

Breathing hard, I focused in on a smug looking Thomas as he twiddled his fingers at me, closing the closet door behind him with a loud slam. I continued to struggle against the two girls as I frantically hoped that nothing bad would happen to my best friend. This party was turning out to be a bad idea.

Please, Isabella, please be alright.