:Genius: Chapter Five

I was wishing I learned more about them before I decided to be taken away by total strangers. I'm suppose to be a genius, so I didn't know how I ended up on a plane, going half way across the world!

My arms were crossed and I refused to look at either Austin or Lucy. Not only was I moving, but my publisher was hounding me for the seventh chapter of my next book. I still didn't have an idea what the name is going to be. My average work is written then after I have written it I find some thing that chain links into the story. It helps me have more leash, I think.

I felt the plane dip and put my seat belt on. How did they even adopt me from a different country? I thought they were so strict with these kind of things.

"Jane, we can't just come and live in England. There are immigration rules, not to mention Austin's school-" My ears perked up a big.

"What school?" I asked.

I had never been good at being angry anyway. I normally just like forgetting bad things that happen.

"Austin is principal of Grace valley boarding school, in California." Lucy said, like she had forgotten to mention it earlier. Boy did she have explaining to do.

"Really?" I asked, my eyebrows raising in fake interest. I didn't give her time to reply because the I looked away from her, and grabbed some chewing gum. The pressure off landing normally makes my ears pop. I find it easier to chew or suck something while the plane is landing.

Slowly the plane came to a stop, but not before bouncing around and giving me tremendous ear ache. Chewing never worked as well as I hoped, causing me to envy those who it actually worked with. I had no time to think though, because the plane stopped all together and passengers fled out of the two main exits.

I hated it already. The temperature was too hot for me, used to my cool rainy weather I was greeted with a fiery orange sun set high in the sky. The heat waves were shown everywhere you looked. I could hear people talking with there American accents. It sounded so strange. I wasn't on my territory, I was on theirs.

I had always felt like America and England had a somewhat sibling rivalry. I didn't like suddenly having to change sides. My strong opinion had always stopped me from being anywhere close to neutral. But I was Jane Bostan/ Ocyne Liyla; second smartest girl in the world and famous author. I could handle this.

Or at least that's what I told myself. By Thursday the twelfth of May I was at Austin's school, and had a new family. I stared out of the window as the giant mansion like thing came into focus.

"Grace valley boarding school for the gifted?" I asked incredibly. Jane Bostan wasn't meant to be a intellectually gifted girl. Even though I was smart and I missed going to my gifted school, I still felt quite disappointed.

I hadn't realized until now exactly how much different my life was from normal people-average people, I guess I never realised how much exactly I had wanted to become normal. Until now, of course.

"Come on Jane," Lucy called, heading for the small house just outside the school grounds. I stared at the welcome sign a few seconds longer. It was getting dark. I slowly walked to the house. It was average size, the kind of home you would see in the movies where the family was living the 'American dream'. Inside there was a dining room, a living room filled with a big screen tv, a kitchen that was modern with black marble and mirror doors on the cabinets. The dining room had a large trophy cabinet, and it was filled with gleaming medals most addressed to Austin, and a picture holding a large cup. By the look of him, it didn't look that long ago, he must have been twenty six.

"Jane, you won't be going to school tomorrow but next week. I suggest you make use of your time." stated Austin. I nodded, but he wasn't looking any more, he was putting away his suitcase.