September 26th, 2011: Plans And A Disappearance

The second unfinished chapter, though it comes before the other in my timeline. The reason I chose this one is to show you a less angry, but still important, event within the chat room. As you can see, my words are chosen from the very things these people said. Apologies for leaving it in this state, but I'm mainly looking for thoughts on my writing style when trying to turn a chat room into something tangible. I hope you enjoy it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 26th, 2011

   Plans And A Disappearance

Early the next morning, RedRage walked in, yawning. Without even glancing in his direction, Dante spoke. "Why is any question asked?" In his cold, breathless voice, he responded, "tofindananswer". It seemed to be an unspoken signal, for Dante looked up and smiled. "Hello, old friend." SingeroftheLost looked up from her writing and said, "Hello, Red. How are you?" RedRage took a seat. "Hiall.alittleexhaustedactually.it'sbeenabigday" When both of them gave him questioning looks, he went on. "d.ihopeyouarethirsty.i'mplanningonsharingabeerwithyousoon." Dante, still looking slightly confused, said, "I haven't had a drink in a long time. The next time we drink together, I hope you're no longer in the mess that you are. I want to free you."

"plansareinmotion.itisnotyettime.butsoon." RedRage paused for a moment and laughed, bitterly. "hehehe.freedom.whatcoldhopeisfreedomnow?" "What do you mean?" Singer asked. He laughed again and yelled, almost in a mad rage, "THEREISNOFREEDOMFROMTHIS!" Dante spoke, with a calming voice. "There has to be. There has to be a way to save you." RedRage turned to look at him with a smile that never reached his eyes. He looked almost sad, like he had lost something very dear to him. 

"ohmydearfriend.i'msofardowntherabbithole,i'vealreadymovedontothroughthelookingglass." Singer smiled at him. “Alice still came out the other side.” Dante smiled as well. “You're never too deep to be saved.” RedRage sighed and said, “perhapsthatissomereliefthen...” As he said this, the color returned to his face and he started to look more alive. His speech became less rushed and breathless and turned a bit deeper and calm. “i'dalwayshopedto return someday. Maybe it's not too late.” Encouraged, Dante went on to say, “It's never too late, if you have someone to fight for you.”

Seeing him at least temporarily restored, Dante spoke once more, joy in his voice. “There you go. That's more like you.” The moment those words reached everyone’s ears, they knew it wouldn’t last. Singer looked at RED and with determination in her voice, simply said “Red, hold on.” RED looked around, suddenly realizing he was himself again. “I... Dante?” “Yes?” Dante turned to face him. A little color drained from RED’s face as he spoke. “I want.” He paused. Singer and Dante encouraged him to go on. “Please. I just want t- ” He stopped again. “Come on, RED. Hold on. If you can't have hope, I'll hold it for you,” Singer pleaded. Dante looked RED straight in the eyes and said, "Whatever it takes RED, I will save you." From a short distance away, Shayde had been watching the proceedings. Quietly, he said, "You can fight it, RED. That thing that did this to you, it's no god, just a monster." At that very moment, Inkflamewriter wandered into the room, She immediately turned and retreated to her usual corner of the room, so as not to disturb the others. The intensity of their focus on RED was almost palpable and it filled the room.

He was so pale now, almost looking like a dead man walking. RedRage had almost returned. He tried to speak again, his voice coming out a bit raspy as it changed. "I wan tosay..." Singer took his hands, gently. "Please, what do you want to say? You can say it." He looked at her with immeasurable sadness in his eyes. "Good bye," he whispered, as he slumped forward in his seat. Dante sighed and said, "I'll always be your friend, and friends are always there for each other." As he did so, RED lifted his head. He looked rather confused for a moment. Dante looked at him closely. "RED?" He knew the moment he asked that it was not his friend, but RedRage. Tiro looked up, saw what had happened, and turned pale. "Oh god." They all waited as RedRage shook his head, clearing it. He spoke at last. "huh...thatwas...kindaweird.tickledabittoo." Singer, still holding his hands, said, "RED. If you hear us, if you're listening to this, we're reaching out. Hold on."