Chapter Thirty

ALEX'S POV

I knocked impatiently on the door in front of me. "What is this all about Dad?" I asked as soon as I entered.

My Dad looked up at me and raised his eyebrow. "Close the door, Son."

I heaved a sigh of resignation and slumped my shoulder in defeat. Mukang mapupurnada na talaga yung balak ko na pagbalik kila Angel.

As soon as I sat down, he got straight to the point. "Now that you're with Angel, what will happen to your plan?" He paused and raised his eyebrow. "About going abroad after you graduate?" He added.

I sighed and groaned.

Sabi na nga ba at eto yung pag uusapan namin ngayon.

I looked him straight in the eyes. "I'll cancel it and I'll stay here." I answered firmly.

He peered at my face. "Are you sure about that?" He frowned. "I just want to remind you that it's one hell of an opportunity."

I shook my head.

I chuckled and put a big smile on my face. "Opportunity? That was nothing compared to Angel." I replied and beamed at him.

My Dad raised his eyebrow, keeping his expression neutral. He just sat there staring at me.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "Dad, you know, how much I'm waiting for this. How much she means to me."

I ran my fingers through my hair. "I love her so much and now that she's mine, I have no intention of backing out. It will never ever be an option." I stared at him, his eyes met mine. "I will never leave her. Not again. Not now. Not ever." I added with an air of finality.

To my surprise, Dad threw his head back and burst into laughter.

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

My Dad grinned at me. "Do you really think that I don't know that? That we don't know that?" He chuckled, looking amused. "Everyone can see that you're completely and utterly smitten with Angel, Son. Miski bulag mapapansin yon." He continued and shook his head, a smile on his face.

I laughed. "Well. She's my everything and she's nearly mine. Malapit na. May dahilan naman ako para mahulog, for me, she's the most beautiful girl in the world." I paused and looked at my Dad. "But don't tell that to Mom. Ok?" I added with a wink.

My Dad looks surprised and seriously amused. "Don't worry Son, your Mom is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen kaya hindi na nya kelangan yung mga mata mo." He chuckled and raised his eyebrow. "But nearly? I thought she's already your girlfriend?" He asked, amused.

I chuckled and grinned. "She is. But I'm still working on it.I 've waited years for this. Sinisigurado ko lang na wala na talaga syang kawala."

My Dad shook his head in amusement and rest his back against his chair. "I understand. I just want to make sure you will not going to regret your decision. Ayokong dumating yung panahon at pagtalunan nyo tong dalawa ni Angel kung sakali."

My smile widened. "Like I said, that was nothing compared to Angel. Angel will always be my first priority."

Dad shrugged his shoulders and returned my smile. "I'm actually thankful, I don't want you to go abroad kung andito naman yung kumpanya natin na naghihintay lang sa inyong dalawa ni Adien. Kaya nga nagulat ako ng magpaalam ka sakin na magta trabaho ka sa kumpanya ng Tito Ryle mo."

Tito Ryle is my Dad's cousin who's already in the US.

Ginawa ko lang naman yung desisyon na yon nung mga panahon na akala ko, hindi na talaga ako makakalapit pa kay Angel.