Chapter 3

i no how u guys r ready 2 rip james head off and all...but i think u'll end up hating him even more at the last chapter im doing...u might change ur mind bout him...i think...mayb...idk...lol ;p Anyways, im now intrudecing u derek...he's human and sweet...;p want 100 votes ppl!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3 

        Bad news is I'm hungry and the worst news is...I'm. Not. Dead! I was planning- well hoping to be honest- that one of the hunters will come out of the bushes and shoot me dead, for good, but they didn't. I scowled and swore under my breath, hating my life even more.

        I bet everyone at school thinks that I chickened out because of what happened at the party, I thought, annoyed at myself and at everyone else. Well they can say whatever they want, but I hope it'll embarrass him at least, I assumed, smiling a little.

        Back then when we were kids, pre-teens, we've became so close to each other and as we grew up and found the chemistry between us it became awkward. I got over it and was OK with it, but he thinks not. He avoided me with all cost and it hurt. To make it worse he asked some girl out, right in front of me. I was like stunned, hurt, and betrayed. And that's where I ran straight home and into my mom's arms.

        Thinking about it made me wish that I haven't met James or his family. Sighing, I pushed the memory and his name off my mind and tried to think of what I'm going to do next. The only option that popped into mind is to visit my parents grave. So I headed toward them. Their grave isn't in the cemetery, but it's in the woods. We placed rocks instead of tombstone because if we place tombstones, then hunters will know who's corpse it is. And as for the rocks, we made a mark on them so we can tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        "Hi, mom and dad. How's it goin'?" I asked, sitting in between of their graves, mournfully. My voice shake as I spoke, "it's been a rough day for me these days. Without you gone, I wouldn't be facing him every day and at night." I snivelled, wrapping my arms around me for warmth. Even though it's spring and all, it's still cold. "I...I know..." I trailed off, don't know what to tell them as my eyes watered. "Oh, God. Why did you guys leave me here? I feel lonely, mom and dad. Living with them is like seeing him everywhere! It's torture!" I cried, wiping my tears. "There's nothing I can do," I said, desperately. "Everything I've tried didn't work," I murmured, snivelling. "What am I going to do?" I asked them, trying to find a sign from them so they could show me the answer. Nothing. Sighing, I got up and looked down at their grave. "Well, mom and dad. See you around," I say, hating to turn away from them and walking away. I don't know where I'm going, but I kept going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I found myself walking down the street where there's a lot of busy pedestrian heading toward their destination. That's New York for ya'. I was born in New York the rest of my life and I still loved it, but as for now I don't have that feeling anymore. I feel trapped, caged in by humans. A hunter could disguise himself- or herself- as one of those pedestrian and will capture me any minute. My wolf doesn't seem to be very happy right now and I had to agree. But there's nowhere else to go so I kept walking and put my head down and made sure I didn't make any eye contact. My heart started to beat nervously and my hands started to sweat a bit. I decided to walk into one of the stores so I wont be caught.

        Isn't this what you want? my wolf asked, it's tone challenging. Didn't you want one of the hunters to kill us?

        Just shut up! I responded, annoyed at the reminder. I'm not...I trailed off, didn't want to finish. As I picked my head up, I found myself in a...bar. Again, I felt trapped and wanting to get out, but I pushed that feeling and kept walking. I breathed slowly, calmly, and easy. I sat at the nearest booth and looked out the window, feeling worse as I watched people outside running for shelter because of the rain.