Chapter 7: Gotcha

Happy Holidays

THEME SONG FOR DEATH IS MY BFFLAD>>

~A universe is trapped inside a tear. ~It resonates the core ~Replaces love and happiness with fear! ~How much deception can you take?~ How many lies will you create? How much longer until you break? Your minds about to fall! ~All of history deleted with one stroke!

~And they're breaking through.

******************************************************************************************************

Get Devin.

The words what were almost arranged in a plea of help, that David mouthed to me before I closed his office door. David, my ex boss was asking me to get his Father after I kicked him in the crotch and quit?

There was no way I was getting Devin. I could care less how urgent or dire the situation was.

 I walked swiftly down the glass hallway that leads into the waiting room with my hands fisted at my sides. I was so angry. I was angry at David for existing mostly, but I was also angry at myself for ever wanting the damn job as an assistant at Devin & Son. An assistant. Really? Had I really stooped that low? I could have gone to straight to college. Instead of fighting David I would be in the classroom, learning. But no, that would have been a too simple path of life for me, Faith Williams.

On top of that the strength of the headache that had occupied the spot behind my eyes and the quiet cramp that stirred on my scared stomach burned for me to just run down the hallway, run to my home, and lock the damn door.

And I would do just that. I just had to get out of the building.

I pulled the door open with a huff to see the last person I wanted to lock eyes with after being with David. Tiara. looked up at the computer with a small smile as if to say: I hope David finally got rid of this skank!

“You look nice today,” Tiara surprisingly said and glanced over at an elderly man sitting in the corner of the room reading a magazine.

I stopped mid-step and faced her with my arms crossed over my chest. I began to walk towards her with a smirk. Whiles well go out with a bang, I thought.

I leaned on the counter of the receptionist desk. “Since I quit and all,” I started in a bitter-sweet whisper. “A lot goes on in that room when you aren’t around.” I rose an eyebrow, and just that small gesture made Tiara’s eyebrow twitch.

I was implying I slept with David over and over….and over again. And although it was incredibly untrue I couldn’t help but get really into it. “I’ll return the clothes he left at my house tomorrow. His favorite Chicago Bears jersey, his sweatpants, ect….ect.”

Tiara’s smile stayed plastered on her face and she faced the door to the waiting room. When a middle aged woman stepped in holding a giant purse I decided I was the perfect timing to hit her with the big one.

I gave her a wink. “He’s a tiger, that one, claws and all. Just thought you should know,” was my finale before I began to walk away with my chin up high.

Lies, lies, lies! Bravo Faith, Bravo!

A high pitched laughter sounded from behind me. I heard Tiara push back her chair and step out of her desk space. I stopped with my hand on the door. “I don’t bruise easily, especially from pitiful and desperate lies like that one.”