Chapter 9 - A spot of decorating.

<--CLICK!!, JUST COS IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

Bonjour, Konichiwa, Hello, Ola, Howdy My friends!!! How are you on this fine december day or night?? So, I have a little request to make. I NEED A NEW FRONT COVER!! Yeah, so if any of you can do the utmost honor of making me a brilliant new cover. It will be great!! We can talk terms later and you can message me about it.

Oh, and cos it's christmas, it's traditional for me to wish everyone Merry christmas!!! But I'm going to be different cos I'm kuwl like that and say HAPPY HANNUKAH AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!

(Y)
( . .)
o(")(")  <-- ...and here's a bunny cos I feel Christmas-sy!!! Say hi! to the bunny!! Or AHHHH!! If you're Charlie

/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/''/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/''/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/''/

“Are yooooou... an elephant?” Nathalie asked as Sarah climbed over the chair so she could sit on Darren's lap. Lucky bitch has Darren as a mate, which means she gets to sit on his lap and away from the back seat with no space. I wiggled around, uncomfortably. The handcuffs dug into my wrists and I winced painfully.

“Oh shit, I wish I was your mate.” I complained to Darren. Action man growled angrily, gripping the wheel tightly making his knuckles white.

“Are you... Action man?” Trent asked Sarah. We were playing this weird pointless guessing game to annoy Action man.

“No but close, I’m skinny and wear loads of pink and I’m caked in make-up. I’m a doll…oh, and I love Action man's arm because I'm always hugging it. What am I?” Sarah said, everybody thought long and hard putting on their thinking face, oblivious to Action man’s very strong, angry aura.

“It’s Barbie, God dammit!” He screamed and then started to huff and puff like a wolf. Ha, the irony.

“Erm… actually its Malibu Stacy but well done for being close” Sarah said. We clapped our hands and patted his shoulder, congratulating him. He snarled and stopped the car in the middle of a forest. When the hell, did we arrive here? Action man took a few deep breaths, calming down and mumbling something like 'little kids', he rolled down the window and tapped a tree twice. Trent, Darren and Sarah all frowned, confused. My mouth split into a wide grin hoping that I've finally drove him over the edge. A part of the bark slid down to reveal two metal prongs and a camera thing resting on top. Action man climbed out of the car and stuck his tongue between the two prongs; there was a brief bright flash of light and then the piece of bark slid back up like nothing happened.

“Ooh, what is the weird-looking pretty tree?” I asked, eyes shining in wonder and excitement.

“It's this DNA thing. It takes a picture of your eye and a sample of your spit and it recognizes who you are. That way, the guards know who are and won't attack.” Teddy smiled proudly like it was his idea.

“I absolutely hate that thing. I swear, once, the camera thingy shot a laser in my eye cutting my cornea in half.” Nathalie shivered. “I was blind for a week, a whole week.” Action man climbed back into the car and drove down this barely visible road. He took a right and we ended up in front of this ornately carved Iron Gate. It swung open with an eerie squeal of protest. I looked around for the gatekeeper who opened the door but saw no one. We kept on driving, through an area with denser trees. The trees swayed with a still wind throwing shadows against my friends’ faces. Goosebumps rippled up my arm and I shivered involuntarily. Sarah sneezed breaking the tense atmosphere and causing water vapor to appear. I blew some air out of my lungs making dragon's breath. The car rounded a corner and a great black mansion appeared. Gray mist surrounded the foot of the building making it look like a house floating amongst soft clouds. As we drove near, the mist unveiled to reveal all. The white edges of the window sill created a great contrast against the midnight black bricks causing a sense of foreboding. The windows had dark royal red curtains shrouding it from unwanted eyes. The porch in the front was empty and almost even scarier than the house itself. Peeling paint of rainbows and unicorns gave it a lost, forgotten look. We climbed out of the car, in turn, me and Nathalie getting a little help from the boys.