Chapter 16

Sebastian understood the pressure Darius and his family was going through. It was a low blow to involve Darius' son the future King into the quotation. Alexander and Rathgaurd were going to pay. It was just a tough call in Darius' behave, both the people he treasured the most were being threatened. Sebastian decided to take matters into his own hands. Everything was critical at this point but he was willing to compromise and get Deva back. He only knew of one other man that could get her out and would risk his life for it.

Sebastian took Izzy's hand and whispered her to follow him outside. No one noticed them leave.

"What?" She confusingly asked.

"I need you to take me to Adamarius' hideout."

She shook her head. "Why?"

Sebastian was annoyed with all the questions. They were running out of time. "Because he is the only one who could get her out. Darius can't think clearly with his son's life in the balance. I know it's eating him alive."

It was true and she knew it. Izzy contemplated the pros and cons but in the end nodded in agreement. Deva needed to get out. Her life was on the line.

"Alright follow me." Izzy led the way to lycan hideout where she had once spoken to Adamarius.

It was deep in the middle of the woods, tucked away from civilization. Once there Izzy noticed the slight difference in the location. Claw marked covering most of the walls; the aftermath of the Relic Moon. They ignored all the thwarting penetrating stares from the surrounding opposite species. Izzy entered the cave lair she was positive Adamarius was in.

She was right. Adamarius was hunched over a table while bandaging himself up.

"What are you doing here?" The guy Izzy tricked into taking her to the cave the first time stopped her.

"Adam we need your help," Izzy ignored Eric.

Adamarius groaned finishing off his wounds before raising his gaze to them. "What happened?"

"It's Deva. They took her. King Alexander took her." Izzy ranted.

Sebastian elaborated further. "They have surveillance footage with her leading a group of lycans to attack his kingdom."

"That's blasphemous. Deva was with me all night. She couldn't have possibly had time to attack anything." Adamarius roared.

"We believe you but they took her anyway. Darius has tried to reason with them but now they are threatening his son."

"They are cornering them, taking Darius' weaknesses away from him. King Alexander wants a war." Adamarius was seeing the picture clearly.

"Alexander will kill her. He wants the lycans to make the first move and we are positive they are armed and prepared this time."

Izzy kept her composure but inside she was beyond pandemonium. "You are the only one who could get her out. We know Darius will eventually give in but we want to make the decision before him. Adam please help us."

Adamarius nodded willfully and pulled on a shirt. "We don't know how much time we have."

Sebastian shook his head. "No but if I know anything about Rathgaurd then he won't wait long; tonight, even possibly."

"Then we go now." Adamarius headed for the exit not even caring if they were following him.

Adamarius hung by the chains grasped tightly around his wrists and upon his life's misfortune. All he had was time for the past five years rotting in his cell. It had been five years of torture replaying and thinking back to the time he had Deva in his reach, in his embrace. Things had gone so horribly wrong. Adamarius had wondered how things slipped out of his hands. He had everything planned. How could it have gone wrong?