Chapter 15

Deva was not treated kindly at the arrival of king Alexander's castle. She was immediately thrown in an old dungeon room and chained to the walls. Deva felt a sense of de ja vu as the chains weighed her wrists and ankles down. She was still in her dirty torn clothes and she couldn't express how much she wished to take a shower. She felt like hell but she was sure she looked like it too. The walls were built with old stone bricks, perhaps constructed in the medieval times. Rathgaurd and Alexander stood in front of Deva making sure to stand their full height. They were begging for obedience and authority.

"Those shackles suit you well." Rathgaurd's smug remark only pissed her off.

"I believe they'd look better tightened around your neck." She fired back.

His cynical laugh was deafening. "Your reign has come to an end. You were never much of a queen anyway."

"Do you ever wonder why people hate you? Well I think I found the reason why." He was a tyrant with no soul who was stuck in the past. "Your wife was most likely sick of you too. That's probably why she killed herself."

Rathgaurd didn't hesitate to punch Deva in the face. The blow was so hard Deva could have sworn she lost a tooth. She spit on the floor close to their feet and it was red from her blood.

"Where were you last night?" Alexander circled around her like a lion would stalk a meal.

Was he playing with her? He had the footage. Apparently she was leading an army of lycans. No amount of denying it would convince them, she knew that. "Picking flowers in a field. You should try it. It's quite calming." She smirked back at them.

Alexander raised his hand and smacked her. It wasn't as hard as his father's but it stung.

"You telling me the truth would calm me."

"What's the point? Nothing I say will change your minds. You have your evidence. My words mean nothing to you." They were playing a twisted trick on her. She just didn't know what it was.

"Yes you're right," Rathgaurd moved closer. "Perhaps this is just an opportunity to spend some quality time with the future savior of our world." His tone was mocking beyond belief.

Deva's head drooped to the ground. What the heck was he talking about?

"I just don't see it. The prophecy must be incredibly wrong about you."

What prophecy? "You're lying. I haven't heard of a prophecy." She was queen. How could she not know?

Alexander laughed, joining in on his father's exploits. "Regardless, I sincerely doubt it will come true now. Now that we have you in our mists."

"You're not going anyway for a very long time." Rathgaurd's deeply grooved smile was beyond sinister. "Who am I kidding? You've committed an act of terrorism and started a war. You'll most likely be killed by the end of the week."

"Well isn't that convenient for you? So convenient one must wonder if it was all orchestrated. Perhaps by you?" Deva wouldn't put it past them.

She knew how wicked and desperate they were to control and overrule her own kingdom. They had a thirst for power and vengeance. They hated the lycan race. Deva was positive her mare presence was offending them.

Rathgaurd snickered. "It is prefect isn't it?"

"You're a disgrace to the vampire world." Deva was not one to hold her tongue. "You will bring destruction to you people, mark my words."

Alexander furrowed his brows. "Was that a threat?"

Deva yanked the chains on her wrists causing it to echo about the room. "Do you honestly believe my husband, the king, will just sit by while I lay captive at your feet?"