#1

Dedicated for making me the awesome trailer on the side! Also, shoutout to ChocCrisis for making me the awesome cover on the side! :D

#1

Wednesday 2nd October 2013

Dear Diary/Anna,

This is my first entry in you and I can’t help but feel like you should have a name. After all, if I’m going to be spilling my deepest and darkest secrets to you, you should at least have a name, right? So I’ll call you...Annabelle. Anna for short. Yes, I think Anna fits you nicely.

          So I got you for my birthday, Anna. Did you know that? Sweet sixteen and all that jazz. It’s overrated if you ask me. I mean, I don’t feel any different and it’s been a week now. Shouldn’t I feel different?

Sixteen is such a useless age though. The only thing that’s really different is that you can legally go out and have sex, and we both know that’s not going to be happening any time soon. Ha, can you imagine me with a boyfriend? They’d probably feel rejected because I’d care more about my TV shows than them. Because let’s face it, I’m sad enough to care more about imaginary characters than real people.

Ah yes, if you’re going to be my confidant, you’re going to need to know about my TV shows. Let’s see, I’ll make a nice list for you so you don’t get confused.

There’s: Game of Thrones, True Blood, Lost Girl, The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Continuum, Orphan Black and a little bit of Breaking Bad and Dexter. What can I say? I have no life. Now since I’m pretending you’re a person Anna, I’m going to imagine you watch all of these shows too so you can fangirl with me. That’s what friends do, right? At least, that’s what my friends and I do.

          What’s that? Oh I’m sorry Anna! I didn’t even tell you my name, did I? I’m such a bad friend. Here, let me introduce myself.

          My name’s Adira Carrington (pronounced a-deer-ra just in case you get confused, Anna. Lots of people do).  I’ve recently turned sixteen and have just started back at school in Year 11. And let me tell you, GCSEs are a fun time. Please note my sarcasm. I have an unhealthy obsession with all things supernatural (hence my TV show choices) and am the proud owner of a real katana. Be jealous, Anna, be jealous.

          I have an older brother called Wyatt who also has an unhealthy obsession, only his is to do with electronics and explosives. You think I’m kidding? When we had people over on my birthday for a BBQ last week, he thought it would be a good idea to set off a miniature, home-made bomb in our garden. Only Wyatt could possibly think this was a good idea. For a genius, he can be such an idiot! He’s two years older than me and just started at Imperial College in London to study Electronic Engineering but he’s not moving out. Fun times for him.

          We live with our dad Ryker, which pretty much concludes our immediate family. Mum died when I was seven. Cancer. But let’s not talk about that. We wouldn’t want this entry to turn depressing now, would we Anna? Start as you mean to go on and all that crap. So let’s keep it light.

          Is that enough of an introduction for you? Because I’m running out of things to say here, Anna; I’m really not all that interesting.

          Hmm, I’m bored enough to want to continue writing in you even though I have nothing to say. What to talk about, what to talk about... Oh, I know! Current events! You can’t go wrong with current events.

          So there’s this weird virus thing going around, apparently. I say apparently because no one I know has been infected. I don’t even know what happens when you get infected. No one does, since if you get sick, you’re immediately quarantined. There are clips on the news of people in bright yellow suits and gas masks taking people away. Scary, huh? 

It kinda reminds me of Bird Flu and Swine Flu and all those other viruses. They were such a big deal but they faded into nothing quickly enough. Sure, none of them seemed this serious but I’m hoping that they’ll just die down eventually. Hehehe, get it? Die down? I’m so punny.

Sorry, that was inappropriate. This is a serious subject... Damn it, why am I such a weirdo? It’s a miracle I even have any friends!

Well Anna, I think I’ve harassed you enough for one day, don’t you? I’ll just leave you to it.

Talk soon!

Love Adira x