Reunited

Miriam scanned the crowd for a familiar face frantically. It was just a sea of unfamiliarity. Though she'd grown up with so many of these people, she hadn't seen them in 10 years. A lot can happen in ten years.

"miriam!"

Suddenly she saw her. She was standing still in the fast-moving crowd. Her hair went down to her waist, if not longer. She wore a plain brown pleated skirt and a pink sweater vest. she still had the same skin and eyes and glasses. She was grown up, but... she was still the nina she'd always known.

Miriam didn't notice that she was running until her feet were hitting the ground again. Miriam's mouth ached from smiling and she felt a few tears leak down her cheek.

When they hit each other, they held each other tight, almost as if they were afraid they were gonna be separated again. She was sobbing now, and she couldn't stop. Nina clutched her to her chest, squeezing her and cackling with joy. She was real this time. It wasn't a dream or a hallutionation. Nina was actually here, holding her in her actual arms. Miriam hadn't felt this way in years. People passed, staring. but miriam could care less. She was back with nina. back home.

_____________________________________________________________

hey guys! i'm back and as bad as ever! i run a webcomic now, actually. and this is one of the important scenes in the end, it was amazing to write it for once instead of drawing it. I hope you like it!