Chapter 10

~•¤ Chapter 10 ¤•~

"Now I'm pretty sure that all of you are waiting for the results. We're going to call the names that have been qualified to level two. If your name is mentioned, then please step forward," Mrs. Smith told us. I was waiting with all of the other students who signed up for the writing contest in the library. I spent the weekend writing an essay and named it goals in life. I handed it on Sunday and I'd been waiting for the result for the past two days. My heart started pounding wildly in my chest that I was afraid the guy beside me would hear it.

The principal held the paper that had the names and started saying them, "Alexandra Russell. Renee Chapman. Freddie Khan. Simone Shaw. And lastly, Natalie Collins." I made it! I thanked God multiple times inside my brain and stepped forward with the students who got called with me. I saw the rest of the students frowning, and frankly, my heart broke a little. I hated seeing someone sad, no one deserves to be!

"The rest of the students may leave now. Thank you for your participation," Mrs. Smith told the students and they left. "Congratulations! You got qualified to level two, which leaves you only one step to win the contest. All of you know that you have to work hard on you next project since other schools are competing. This won't be easy, you must put all of your effort on it. You only get this chance once in a life time," the principal talked and I listened carefully to every word she said. She was absolutely right. The competition was going to be so hard that I was going to waste most of my time on it.

"Level two will be set after exactly forty five days from now. And the winner will be announced after 15 days from then. So this won't be easy at all, but at the same time don't pressure yourselfes too much," Mrs. Smith added. I had a month and a half to write my piece, I got plenty of time. Those would definitely be the toughest two months of my life.

"If anyone has any questions you can come and ask me or ask the supervisors. Is everything clear?" Mrs. Smith asked and we all nodded. "You can leave now." I took my things and walked out of the library then made my way down the empty hallways. School was over about thirty minutes ago, that's why there was no students.

When I reached the schoolyard, I saw both Marie and Nathan waiting for me beside Nathan's car. "What happened? Please tell me that you passed the level," Marie shrieked the moment I reached her and Nathan.

I sighed and said "Well....I did."

"Oh my God, I knew it!" Marie shouted and embraced me tightly. I hugged her and giggled.

When I pulled away, I looked at Nathan and he said, "I knew that you would pass it. Congratulations." He opened his arms for me and I gladly accepted his offer. I hugged him and after a while pulled away.

For the past few days I and Nathan hung out a couple of times, and I got to see the side I never thought I would see of him. It's like the first time I saw him was when we hung out the first time. He had a great personality that was, unfortunately, hidden behind all the sadness he had. Though I never mentioned anything about those thoughts to him. I felt like he wouldn't speak up easily, and I had to work hard to gain his trust.

"Where do you wanna celebrate?" Marie asked. I thought for a minute, but remembered that I couldn't.

"I can't really go out. I have a math test tomorrow and it's really hard. I actually need help studying it," I spoke and Marie frowned a bit.

"Well, maybe we can go out after you're done," she suggested and I nodded.

"I can help you in math. I'm sort of good at it. You know, that way you'll finish earlier and we can meet up with Marie somewhere," Nathan offered. I smiled.