Chapter 10: Arriving in Vegas.

"Joni." Michele breaths out as she wraps her arms around me. Letting some tears fall. "I'm so glad you're here." I rub her back soothingly.

"I would've gone crazy if I stayed in New York." I look over at a motionless Kendall. We sit down beside him. "So what exactly happened?"

"Well he was sick and we thought it was just a flu cause he puked a lot and he was feverish, but then he started puking up blood. So we immediately went to the hospital. Everything kept going down hill. They had to put him in a coma, that way he doesn't have to suffer so hard." I wrap my arms back around her.

"He's gonna be okay." I try to comfort as her tears fall on my shoulder. Their was a knock on the door. Logan comes in. "Hey Logan." I say softly and I stand up to hug him. He sits down next to Michele and rubs her back.

"Any changes?" Michele shakes her head. I sit down again. "Kendall is strong, he's going to be fine."

"Is chloë here too?"

"No, I wanted to come here alone." I nod in understanding. "What about James?"

"He has work and Nicholas has to go to school so they couldn't come." A nurse came in and checked up on Kendall.

"Mrs. Bresc, could I talk to you in private?" Michele nods and they go out of the room.

"How long have you been here?"

"Since yesterday. I'm going back to Cali in 2 days. I still have work."

"Do you really think Ken is going to be fine?"

"Of course, don't you?" I shrug.

"I don't know, I'm trying to keep my hopes up but I don't know." He lays his hand on my knee. I wish James was here to comfort me. Michele comes back inside. She sits down on the bed and strokes Kendall's cheek. "What did the nurse say?"