Angel's Nightmare

This chapter is dedicated to Wolf_Heart_ . She's one of my best friends and she is also the person who inspired the character of Angel.

Angel's P.O.V

I'm running. I'm in these dark woods and I'm running. I don't know where I'm going but I know I can't stop. My twin sister is at my side, she's easily keeping pace with me. Something is after us and it's not gonna stop until it gets us.

I glance at Skylar, she catches the look and asks "are you okay?" I just give her a solemn nod and then she glances backwards but her eyes go wide as soon as she does and she grabs my hand pulling me along to make me run faster. No sooner has she grabbed my hand and then she launches me about 10ft. infront of her "Keep running!" she orders as I land almost effortlessly on my feet on the ground. And knowing better than to argue I follow her orders.

"Skylar what are you doing?" I say looking back at her but still running.

"Just keep running, I'm right behind you!" I just nod and continue running, but I can't help but wonder why she hasn't caught with me yet, she's always been faster than me. She's up to something.

Suddenly I hear a 'thud' then Skylar saying "Shit!". I skid to a halt then whirl around to see Skylar on the ground.

"Skylar!" I start towards her and she attempts to stop me by shouting at me.

"I told you to keep running!" I ignore her, closing the distance between us quickly.

"I don't give a damn what you said, you're my sister and I'm not leaving you!" she stands up letting out a small gasp of pain when she does, then she clutches her knee and I see the blood seeping through her jeans "Oh shit, are you sure you're gonna be able to run now?"

"yeah, I'll be fine" she smiles weakly in a failed attempt to reassure me.

"Skylar-" I start but she cuts me off.

"I'm fine. Come on." she grabs my hand making us run. Again. Typical Skylar, putting everyone else first. She could have a limb hanging off and she'd put it down as being "collateral damage."

She eventually let's go of my hand but starts to lag behind a little because of her leg. I look back ready to launch her this time, but as though she knew what I was thinking she simply says "Keep running, I'm fine!" just as I open my mouth to protest, I'm cut off by the shock of seeing two claw-like hands reaching out from the Darkness and grabbing Skylar. She screams "Angel! Run!" but I stop, pivoting straight around, running in the direction she was taken but she and the unknown kidnapper are no-where in sight. After about ten minutes of running into the darkness there's still no sight of them, however I can hear faint screams and low rippling snarls coming from, what seems like, everywhere around me. I stop dead in my tracks to call out in the hopes that Skylar has managed to escape and I'll get a response and be able to judge which direction it comes from.

"Skylar!" nothing. "SKYLAR!!" still nothing, that is, until i hear the low rumbling laugh that makes my skin crawl on hearing it. "Drake!?"

"surprise you little bitch!"

"what the fuck have you done with Skylar you asshole!?"

"Now is there really any need for name calling Angel?" He says with an annoyingly mocking smile on that stupid face of his.

I respond by politely saying "Bite me, you fucking Parasite!"

"Ooh temper temper Angel. If you'd both just co-operated none of this would've happened."

A low snarl escapes my lips "you're really starting to piss me off Mutt! Where is she!?"

"Skylar's dead, Angel." my heart momentarily stops when he says this.

"You killed her!?"

"yes I did...and now it's your turn pup!"

As soon as these words are out of his mouth he launches himself at me, teeth bared and claws extending. Oh shit!......

And that's when I wake up in my bed screaming, sweat lashing off of me with Skylar next to me frantically trying to calm me down. I stare at her, tears beginning to fill my eyes causing them to sting a little "Skylar, you're okay!" and with that I throw my arms around her neck, hugging her to me tightly.

"Yeah Angel, I'm fine, what's wrong?"

"Uh nothing," I half choke out "just a nightmare." she wraps her arms around me hugging me tightly in response, resting her chin lightly on my head."Skylar?"

"yeah?"

"Promise me something."

"Anything."

"Don't ever let anything take you away from me."

She pulls back to look at me confusion all over her face, but on sighting my teary expression, her face softens into the warm familiar face of my twin sister. She smiles at me then simply says "Never." pulling me back to her, to hug me again.

Thank God it was only a dream, I don't think I'd be able to survive without Skylar. It'd be bad enough losing my twin without having those feelings supernaturally amplified.

When I say that I mean it literally because my family are decended from Werewolves (Shapeshifters), which (of course) means that we ourselves are Werewolves. Yes, i did say werewolves, the changing, the moon, the heightened senses, the whole shebang!. Well our sisters, Lyca, Raven, Harley and our brother Tyler all are, but the gene has apparently skipped Skylar and I. It's not fair! We have the "traits" of the gene, so why aren't we able to shift!? But anyway, rant over....

What I mean by "traits" is that we have the "symptoms" if you will, of the gene, like, well not to sound big headed but my family are scarily good looking. It's like the legion of beautiful people honestly, it's weird. We also have the eyes of a werewolf, we have a ring of colour around our pupil as well as our own piercing blue colour, (mine is red and Skylar's is purple) but ours are more defined than our sisters' and Tyler's. We don't know why, apparently its really rare and even in a family of werewolves it's not considered normal, but then again Angel and I aren't normal, we're the only descendants of a shifter family (ever in history might I add) who can't actually shift. My family folks, the freaks of the freaks.

....................................................................................................................................................................

So tell me what you guys think. was it okay? Any mistakes or questions? Let me know :)

XxxX Lauren XxxX