My Shadow Called Sally

A month ago, Megan had been a goody two shoes, straight A student on the road to a fulfilling destiny. She wore baggy jeans and tee shirts that blended into the crowds. Hair that was a dirty rat’s nest, and bright eyes hidden behind bulky glasses.

People pushed Megan around, stole her homework, and copied her test answers. If she didn’t give everyone what they wanted, they would make her life hell. They’d already proved that they could once. Mainly when they pushed Sally, Megan’s best friend to far and the killers didn’t have the decency to figure out everything that happened was their fault.

All these people cried fake tears for a girl they didn’t even know, mocking words they had once said to Sally was their only connection. These people would pay, for everything! How dare they come to Sally’s funeral when she wouldn't have wanted them to come. Their presence here made Megan mad to her very core and set the fire to her purpose.

Will you get back at them for me? I can’t do anything to them where I’m at.” The voice whispered in Megan’s ears, a sweet poison. “Ruin them as they destroyed me!”

“I will, I promise even if it’s the last thing I do.” Chilling laughter in Megan’s ears.

Away went Megan’s clothes. Hello to ill-fitting jeans and short skirts. Comfy sneakers for painful red heels. Sexy short hair that now framed her face and glasses switched out for irritating contacts. Megan now looked like the people that killed Sally.

Bitter laughter tumbled from Megan’s mouth. These people had accepted her so easily into their group. A few false words made her one of them.

“I can’t believe her nerves. I mean, with my boyfriend? My boyfriend! She could have anyone in the school, but she went for mine.” The Queen hissed out. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement kissing her feet and sucking up.

“We'll have to make her pay for this.” Megan stated boldly not caring that she was the new girl in the group. A thing called editing a picture could make a lovely image that looked so realistically real. Not Megan’s fault that they didn’t look closer at their heads you could obviously see that the heads didn’t match the neck...

“I think we’ll be wonderful friends.” Laughing loudly, The Queen grabbed Megan’s arms. “How do you think we should make her pay?”

Smiling wickedly, Megan told The Queen exactly what she thought.

They turned all the lights off, leaving the whole room in darkness. While the first victim was in the shower, rinsing off after gym class.

“Hello? Who’s there?” She whispered like a true horror movie blonde. Their answer was chilling laughter. Panic trembled through her voice, “This isn’t funny, cut it out.”

Oh, but it is Megan thought to herself with a smile hidden in the darkness. Victim one screamed the whole time as they cut her hair, letting it flow down the drain. Never could she mock someone's again, because without all her hair, she wasn’t pretty.

Now, it was victim number two and three turn. They made it simple for Megan because all she had to do was take a picture of them kissing each other in an empty classroom. Apparently, they had a dirty secret they didn’t want people knowing about. Megan printed off hundreds of fliers before tossing them into the hallways all around the school.

The final touch to this plan was tapping a giant picture across one of the cafeterias walls. Glitter and stickers were on the picture. Megan had added some words along with it, but those weren’t important.

The switching bell rung and people’s voices rang in the hallway. You could hear their screams as people pointed and laughed at the victims. Up went the picture on the Internet. This caused both of them to be completely blacklisted from any social site. Now they were alone with no one to gossip with.

“I can’t believe them. I thought they were my friends.” The Queen complained her voice like nails on a chalkboard.

In her head, Megan said, “Oh, you are just a clueless twit.”

Out loud, Megan said, “I know right!?! How could they do this? Think about our reputation.”

“They are, like, so selfish. Thinking about themselves over us, their friends. They should have never done something like that to start with. It’s just so EW!”

Three down, one left to go. The Queen’s would be the funniest to set up.

Megan took The Queen’s boyfriend. He was now an important factor to The Queen’s social standings since her friends were gone she had lost most of her power. People were already whispering in the hallways about how she would completely fall from her fame.

Megan was kissing The Queens boyfriend when she walked in on them in the cleaning supply closet. While she screeched and then attacked her boyfriend. Megan left the closet while they yelled loudly at each other. Megan texted everyone on her contacts list and they all rushed to see the latest drama.

Watching The Queen’s break down, the people swarmed the hallways like flies. Phones clicked rapidly as picture were taken, while others recorded. The Queen’s fall would be big and viral, it was only fitting.

“All four of them are nothing now. Just like you, everyone will remember them like dust.” Standing beside Sally’s grave Megan watched as a dark shadow rise.

“You become like them. You’re not the same Megan I knew.”

“I know Sally. I know.” Trying to get revenge had ruined Megan. Turning her soul dark and rotten.

“Join me Megan. This place, it is so much easier to handle. No one makes fun of you or talks behind you back. We’re all friends here.” The shadow moved around Megan.

“I will, but I’m not as brave as you. Help me.” Pleading for help, Megan took out the gun. It was the same gun Sally had used only months ago.

“Okay my dear Megan.” Soft sweet words. The shadow took Megan’s hand and raised it to her head. Shivers raked through Megan’s body in silent anticipation. “We’re so close to each other Megan. Just one push.”

A click, pain, and then nothing.