Chapter 7

• Dedicated to High School Musical 2 for inspiring me

 It’s been a month now. Justin has been ignoring us for the past month. We would ask him if he wanted to go with us and hang out and he would say yes but he would end up not coming anyway, He even missed our Friendship Anniversary. We both snuck out twice though and we ended up caught. I’ve been pissed off for about a month now and I’ve been longing to confront Selena about this and I think now’s the perfect time to confront her. I looked for her and she was at the living room of the tour bus sitting on the couch alone.

“Perfect” I thought.

“Selena” I said as I approached her.

“Forget about the rest of us how about the fact that Justin will lose his best friends?”

“Oh boohoo he’ll lose his best friends? And don’t lecture me about Justin! Given the way that you’ve been interfering with his Career” She told me.

“What?” I replied confused.

“You’ve gotten him written up by Paparazzi’s for sneaking out late at night. I had to step in to save Justin’s Career” She said, obviously defending herself.

“I’m not interested in what you think you’re doing for Justin. That’s between you and him. But you’re messing with my friends at my summer and that’s not okay with me” I said while pointing at her.

“You don’t like the fact that I won” She said while coming closer.

“What’s the prize? Justin? Everyone’s support? You have to go through all of this just to get either one? No thanks Selena. You’re very good at the game that I don’t want to play, so I’m done here. But you better step away from the mirror long enough to check the damage that will always be right behind you” I told Selena.

“Ugh?!” and she walked away.

I was about to walk away when…

“What do you mean you’re done here? I mean you can’t just go home” Justin told me.

“Us hanging out during summer sounded good but plans change” I said looking down. “And people change. You’re a big deal for Selena and evidently for your future, so it’s cool. Wear your new leopard printed shoes” I told him.

“Hey, I’m still me” He told me almost tearing up.

“Blowing off your friends? Missing our Friendship anniversary? If that’s you, then it’s good to know” I told him then started to walk away.

“No, no, no, no, no, I was only doing that because I’m working on my career. You know that” He said catching up with me.

“But if along the way you keep acting like someone you’re not, pretty soon that’s who you become” I told him sincerely.

“I meant what I said about having fun with our friends and summer and just being together” He said, holding both of my hands as his tears slowly rolled down his face.

“I’m sure you did, at the time” I told him as tears rolled down my face too. “But I also meant what I said, that I want to remember this summer. But not like this Justin, not like this” I told him and I walked back to mine and Pattie’s room to get my bags.

            When I got out of the room everyone was there. They all gave me the please-don’t-go look except for Justin who was sitting on the couch, crying? Why would he even cry I’m just his best friend right? I got out of the tour bus. I waited for a cab since no one will drive me to the airport, or better yet I don’t want any of them to drive me to the airport. They would just try to convince me not to go. I already got a cab. I was about to go inside when I heard Justin scream “Ashley!”

I looked back at him and he was crying his eyes out. He started to walk towards me and I told the driver to wait a second.

“Ash, please don’t leave, I need you here” he told me almost crying his eyeballs out.

“You don’t need me here Jay, besides the others are still there and your girlfriend” I told him as tears started to fill my eyes again.

“It doesn’t matter Ash, your all I need” he said.

“You have a girlfriend waiting in there Jay. It didn’t hurt that much when you started ignoring us, but it hurt so much when you had a girlfriend” I told him with tears rolling down my face.

“Why would it hurt so much when I had a girlfriend?” he simply asked.

“Haven’t you noticed? I loved you ever since first grade Jay. Are you that insensitive? Everyone in the crew noticed that, even some of your fans did except for you. You didn’t even ask me why I left early on your concert at MSG. Almost half of your fans who went there knew the reason why I left, but you don’t because you’re too insensitive to even notice. You didn’t even notice the look on my face when you asked me at MSG if Selena can be the OLLG. Didn’t you know that every time you tell that you have a crush or a new girlfriend I just want to break down and cry instead of saying ‘Oh my gosh! I’m so happy for you!’ You didn’t notice that didn’t you? You traded your best friends whom you knew ever since we were what? Three or four years old? For a girl that you knew just three or four years ago. It really hurt everyone knowing that you would trade all of us in just a second for a girl you just knew” I told him, almost crying a river.

“Y-you love me?” he asked and just nod.

“Yes and I’m not going back inside that tour bus unless you’ve fixed every little bad thing that you’ve done” I told him.

I got inside of the cab leaving him speechless. The cab drove me to the airport. After about eight minutes of driving we finally arrived. I paid the driver and got out of the cab and got my things. I entered the airport and bought a ticket for myself and checked in.

            It’s been thirty minutes now and I’m already inside the plane ready to leave Chicago and go back to Canada, my home town. I slept all throughout the plane ride. I woke up hearing the girl over the PA saying “We have landed at the Toronto Pearson International Airport, we hope that you’ve had a peaceful flight”

I got my bags and called my dad to pick me up. At first he was shocked that I was back early but I told him that I’ll tell him when he arrives.

            It’s been ten minutes and my dad finally arrived. He hugged me tight and said “We missed you!”

“Aww… I missed you and mom too…” I told him as I planted a kiss on his cheeks.

My dad got my bags and put it at the back compartment of the car and I sat in the front seat beside him.

“Now tell me why you’re home so early” he asked.

“Well long story short Justin got a girlfriend, started to ignore us, I confronted his girlfriend Selena Gomez about that earlier and I let out my feeling for him and got home” I told my dad.

“So you’ve finally confessed huh?” He told me.

“Don’t tell me you knew ever since we were on first grade because that’s going to be weird since everyone noticed ever since first grade except for Justin” I told my dad.

“Actually your mom and I did notice ever since you were both in first grade” He told me laughing.

“Whatever dad” I told him trying to laugh but I can’t.

            It’s already night time and I’m about to go to sleep now. I changed into my Blue pajama pants and a blue T- shirt. I said goodnight to my parents and slid into the comfiest bed in the world, well that’s my opinion and Drifted off to sleep.