Chapter 7

Alrighty my lovely Wattpadders, just to clear some things up. I've had people request for me to read their stories and I have no problem whatsoever doing that, just message me and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

People have also been asking if they could make covers or banners for Rightfully His and I'm Sorry Did You Say Mate? and like the stories, I have no problem with that. I love that people love the story so much they would want to take the time to make a cover so I welcome it. You can just message me that too.

Thank you to everyone who have been such fans of the story and vote and comment and fan. You guys are just beyond great. I certainly have some superfans like enjoylife06. She is just wonderful and she made the cover on the right, so thank you so much for the cover and the compliments :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

*****************************************************************************************************************

                                                Chapter 7

Tinsley’s POV:

            So stupid! How can I be so stupid! I should have guessed a guy like him wouldn’t want a mate. You don’t want one either! I reminded myself for the millionth time. It still felt like someone had just stabbed me in the heart with a silver dagger when he said he didn’t want a mate, though. And he sounded so sure, so positive that he wanted nothing to do with me.

            “Tinsley! What the hell? You haven’t heard a word I’ve been saying to you this whole time have you?” Kayla snapped impatiently. I looked around to see we were stopped at a red light near my apartment.

            “I’m sorry, not really. I’m just tired.” I told her, avoiding her hard gaze.

            “Are you sure? Because you were fine up until you saw that douche bag. I swear, I pity whoever his poor mate is. Not that he would want her or anything.” Her words stabbed at my already hurting wolf.

            “Kayla, what is your problem with him? Because you sure as hell have a lot of anger towards someone you supposedly “just don’t like”.” I snapped at her. She pulled up in front of my flat and stopped the car, turning to look at me with a harsh gaze.

            “Does it matter?”

            “Yes! I want to know why you yell at me for just glancing in his direction. I get that you hate him but I want to know why. Kayla, if you tell me I’ll listen.” I wasn’t leaving the car until she told me. After a long sigh she sat back in her seat and kept her eyes focused in front of her.

            “He wasn’t always like this ,you know, he used to be…incredibly amazing.” Her voice took on a melodic, wistful tone. Like an old woman reminiscing about her younger days to her grandchildren. “We grew up together, me, him, and Trent. Best buds, terrible three, all that. It was silly to think we’d ever stay like that, but back then, the thought of us ever hating each other was laughable.” She smiled slightly, thinking of some far off memory. “We were kids, Tinsley. We thought the world was ours to conquer. We thought that if we all stuck together, everything would be alright.”

            I listened quietly as she talked, feeling a familiar pang growing inside of me. She’d had a normal childhood, one with friends and family and familiarity. She wasn’t scarred or damaged, she didn’t grow up not knowing how long she would stay in a particular place. I’ll admit, I listened with envy as she recounted how easy going her upbringing was. To this day, I still don’t know why our pack was chosen to be massacred. But we were, and for that my childhood was anything but easy. It was difficult and required me to grow up quickly. In a way, I lost the childhood innocence quickly and had to shift into a maturity that was seen beyond my young age. I guess you could say I went from seven to fourteen in a few months based on my maturity scale. Hearing Kayla’s stories of her juvenile days reminded me of everything I’d lost. I was tempted to bolt but I stayed put and listened, just as I told her I would.