Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Blake Adams

I jogged down the stairs and back out to the backyard, where we had most of the pack doing extra training to prepare for the arrival of that horrid man.

I smiled proudly as I approached a really promising boy, only thirteen, who could put up quite the fight. Sometimes I would spar with him and give him tips. I stopped and observed him as he took down one of our seventeen year olds, who was good, but not as good as Charlie.

I stepped in and put my hand on the older boys chest and said, "Why don't you go fight with someone more your speed." I didn't mean to sound like an ass, but I needed my fighters in top shape, and Charlie needed better practice.

I held my hands out, ready to fight. We did, for about ten minutes before I won. People had gathered around throughout our little practice session, and I grew frustrated, "Really people? You think it is appropriate to watch instead of train? Get back to it!"

I walked away from them, trying to calm myself. I was letting my nerves and anger get the best of me.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and whipped around to find Bo standing there anxiously. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk, deciding to go talk to my father. "Not now, Bo. I am really busy."

She groaned and sped up her pace to keep up as she said, "But it's really important. I need to talk to you."

I shook my head and said, "It can wait. I really need to talk to my father. Talk to me after."

She opened her mouth, but all she said was, "Well, fine. But don't you dare say I didn't warn you."

She hesitated for a second before going around the corner to wherever she needed to go. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk until I arrived at my father's office.

I flung open the door, not bothering to knock. I found my father talking to my mother, and they both had very serious looks on their faces.

"What is going on?" I asked, irritated that there was a hitch in my plan to talk to my father.

My mother turned slowly and glared at m, most likely because of my tone. If there was one person who would not put up with my crap, it was her. She took a deep breath and said, "We are discussing whether it is too big of a liability to fight this battle or not."

I scoffed, almost laughing that the ridiculous notion. I said, "Well of course we have to fight the battle! This is the future Luna we are talking about!"

My father sat in his seat and wearily replied, "Well, Blake, think about it. First, she is human. Second, we don't know how big this rogue army is. And third, if we lose, then we will have lost dozens of young lives. Are you willing to have that on your conscience?"

I shook my head and said, "I would deal with it if it meant that Sunny was okay, and not in harm's way."

Both of my parents shook their heads, and my dad looked at me, exasperated, "That is not the right mindset of the future alpha! You need to worry about your pack first, then your mate, then yourself!"

I growled, frustrated with what he was telling me. My wolf was starting to take control over me.

My father growled back, and the tone of his wolf managed to put mine in its place.

My mother spoke up, "We are not saying we are going to back down, we are just taking precautions in case this goes badly, on how to recover. Son, why don't you go check on your mate? Maybe get her somewhere safe."

I sighed and nodded, not saying another word to them. I was relieved that they weren't going to back down. This needed to end.

I ran, utilizing my supernatural speed, and was at my mate's house in no time. I slowed as I grew nearer.

I sighed in relief when I didn't sense danger in Sunny, only anger and hurt and confusion. Okay, well that was not a good thing but at least she was safe.

I almost relaxed, but I stiffened upon picking up a scent that made me go into defense mode. I looked around, trying to find the source.

Suddenly, a rogue wolf stepped onto the street, feet away from me. I instantly changed, ready to attack.

Then I heard a gasp.

Yes this is very short, I know. I am really sorry.

I appreciate all of you for supporting me and love you <3