Chapter 24 -The Nightmare

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 24 -~-

 I gasped, a scream stuck in my throat, choking me, while tears ran down my face. “Saki, Saki what’s wrong?!” someone shook my shoulder. I leaned over on my hands and knees; almost dry heaving with how strong I was gasping for breath. “Saki! SAKI!” “Wake up!” someone shook me, hard. “NO!” I screamed; clenching my fists tightly as my claws grew.

 I felt myself being dragged out of the shelter by my shirt and pinned against the side of the tree. “Wake up! It isn’t real! It isn’t happening!” Kale shouted in my face. I forced my eyes open, everything sharp and crystal clear through my wolfen eyes.

“A gift… A GIFT! HE CALLED IT A GIFT! I’LL KILL HIM!” I raged, pushing against his restraining hands. It’s not a gift it’s a curse, a curse mark! *LEAH WAKE UP!* My face jerked to the side, a sharp crack ringing out, soon followed by a burning pain blossoming from my cheek.

 I froze, dazed, all anger instantaneously evaporating. A gasp and some shuffling drew my attention back over to the entrance; Sakura stood there, eyes wide and fearful, Sasuke off to her side and being barred by a clone of Kale’s.

*Leah…* I numbly turned my head forward, meeting Kale’s worried, guilty gaze. I slumped down to the ground, my eyes immediately brimming with tears; Kale kneeled next to me, pulling me into his arms as I cried.

 “Shhh, it’s alright, you stopped it, it never happened, he’s safe,” he whispered very softly in my ear, rubbing my arm soothingly. “Saki?” I heard Sakura whisper faintly, she edged her way over to us; I calmed down, pulling away slightly from Kale to wipe my eyes.

I hissed as both my hand and eyes stung, “oh Saki your hands!” Sakura gasped. I slowly peeled my eyes open, looking through the blurriness; four long cuts lined my palms from my claws.

 “Let go of me,” Sasuke growled, pulling away from the clone and coming over to my other side. Kale sighed, inspecting them, “they’ll need to be washed, and we just ran out of water.” He released them, “I’ll have to go find some; will you be alright while I’m gone?” he asked the last part softly. I nodded, “I’ll be fine,” I whispered, he squeezed my shoulder reassuringly before standing up and shifting, “I’ll be right back.”

 Sakura kneeled down in front of me, “Saki, ar-are you alright,” I just nodded, not trusting my voice just yet. “You have blood all over your face,” she tisked like a mother, pulling out a damp cloth from her bag.

“I’ll take care of it Sakura, you should go check on Naruto,” Sasuke spoke, holding out his hand for the cloth. She paused before handing it over, “yeah, maybe he’s woken up from all the… commotion,” she faltered. She gave me a kind smile before getting up and returning to the shelter.

 I looked down at the ground guiltily, the tears threatening to return and turned my head away slightly as he took her place. I just threatened to kill him… and he doesn’t even know it; he sighed, “How am I supposed to clean the blood off when I can’t see it?” He grabbed my chin, turning my face towards him; I kept my eyes downcast, too ashamed to meet his.