Day Before The Break Time

Start from the beginning

The laughter died down and we talked casually about Quidditch until a screeching filled the air. I turned and smiled.

The owls were here.

They flew through the air and dropped packaged clothing on every table. A school owl landed in front of me and cooed softly. I laughed.

"Hey, there." I said to the brown bird. "Long journey from Canada?"

The owl squawked and flapped its wings.

"Can I have my dress, please?"

The owl unhooked its claws from the ribbon holding the parcel together, hooted, and flew away. Ginny scooted closer to me.

"Well, let's see it!" She prodded the box towards me, grinning madly. I sighed.

"Tonight." I huffed.

"What?! Why?"

"Because," I whispered. "Draco's right there." I nodded towards him and Ginny whistled.

"You two are going to the ball together?" She breathed.

I nodded.

"Wow, you two make an amazing couple!" She giggled.

I blushed. "Really?"

"YES! You two are so much in contrast with each other that it actually looks good! You're short, he's tall, you have black hair, he's got blonde, you're badass, and, well, he wasn't before you arrived, but he seems awesome enough." She gasped for breath.

"What do you mean by that, Ginny?" I asked.

"Oh," Ginny smiled sheepishly. "He wasn't all that... popular before you came here and became his friend. Everyone was scared of his parents, so they avoided him, and he had no friends." She sighed. "You seem to have changed him, though."

"Well, maybe it was inside of him all along, he just needed someone to give him a voice." I suggested. "Maybe he needed somebody to listen to what he had to say."

"Yeah," Said Ginny, smiling. "You're smart for someone in fourth year. Barely any seven year is as pensive as you, you know that?"

"I was raised by the best." I grinned a half smile as the bell rang.

"Lucky you." Ginny half-growled. "You have no classes, miss visitor," She mocked in Dumbledore's voice. I laughed.

"Take care, Gin."

"You, too."

The Great Hall emptied within a matter of minutes, and I headed downstairs to the Slytherin common room, to see what it was like at this point.

"Ambition," I whispered, and a wall slid out of the way for me to walk into the dimly lit area. I sat on one of the couches and snatched an apple, taking a bite. I was happy to say that it's peaceful in here... the low ceilings, the torches, sending small sparks and light flying through the room, and the furniture was gothic-style and dark. It was quite a fine place. I still held the parcel under my arm, and the temtation was almost killing me, but I managed to stay controlled.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned. Sitting there with a random Slytherin guy, was Willa.

"Thomson," I aknowledged.

"We were talking." Willa growled. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm thinking." I explained cooly, "And eating. You should try it sometime. Give yourself some human traits."

She glared at me and the boy just smiled dumbly. Ugh.

"Do you have a problem with me being normal, Willa?" I asked softly.

"You? Normal? Hah," She stood, and so did I, waiting to fight if I had to. "You're a mudblood! You have no right to be in here!"

I punched her square in the nose. "There is NOTHING, wrong with my blood!" I snarled, pushing her away as she tried to attack. "Yours, I'm not too sure about. You're heart is cold and your veins are reptilian!" I cast a wall of fire around me, blocking Willa from attacking me. She drenched the flames.

"Forgot I could do that, huh?" She huffed angrily, Kicking my gut. "Forgot I could fight back?"

She aimed a jab at my neck, but I grasped her arm and twisted it, flipping her to the floor. "And you seem to have forgotten that I'm an Auditore."

"You mentioned it once, mudblood." She hissed, grasping her arm on the ground in pain.

"You would've remembered, back when we were friends." I crouched before her, our faces a foot apart. "Back then, you would've given a damn."

She grinned. "Those days are over." She pushed me back and flipped backwards, landing on her feet. "We're done, here." And she waved me out. I huffed a short breath, grasped my wrapped dress, and stormred out.

At least that was over with, and tonight, I could relax and say that tomorrow was the day of the Yule Ball.

Hullo, again!

Did you enjoy the chapter? I loved writing it, so I want to hear some feedback! What you enjoyed, what you disliked, what your Christmas is going to be like, ANYTHING! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Love,

~Kangie