chapter two

**Before we start** This is a long chapter! Idk how I made it so long! I provided some more background info and hopefully you all like the story and vote/comment/fan! Feedback is always necessary! thank you! depends on how much feedback i get the sooner I will post! thanks guys :D

 I’ve totally made a fool of myself. I slipped on black ice and fell on my back. I closed my eyes wanting to die of embarrassment. Can you become suicidal from pure embarrassment? I might be a victim.

“Are you okay?” I heard a faint voice in the background. I couldn’t really hear that well. It was as if I was underwater and someone was talking on the land. I fling my eyes open and my whole vision was somehow intensified. I see the bluest,most earnest eyes I’ve ever seen in my life staring down at me. His perfect hair was brushed back and I could see his too perfect face. Did I die and go to heaven? His full lips were moving.. I couldn’t really hear what he was saying but he wasn’t smiling. That made me frown. Why did he look so worried? His perfect eyebrows creased and he got out a cell phone.

“Wh…whats going onnnnnnnnnn?” I said. My voice sounded slurred and deep. Not at all like I actually sound. I feel something warm spread across my hair. I see his perfect eyes panic and he kept talking on the phone. I think I could pick out the words “shit” and “blood.” That doesn’t sound good put together. He put his head on my chest, feeling a pulse. My heart is pretty much screaming at this point. He sighed with relief as if he heard my  pulse too loud. All of a sudden there were people outside. They were talking to him and looking at me. Did I sense pity? This is the worst thing in the entire world! I feel a thousand times more embarrassed than I did a minute ago! I closed my eyes and wished to die. I felt a stab and it woke me up from my slumber party.

“Ouch!” I winced back. I gasped. Why was I in the hospital plugged with a billion tubes? I had an IV and lots of crap plunged into me. I was wearing a horrible dress with hearts on it. I was in a big comfy bed, and I felt high.

“I’m sorry sweetie! I just needed to insert some food in you,” the nurse said matter of factly.

“What happened?” I gasped trying to put the pieces back together. Last time I remember I was in the ground with blood oozing from my head. Not a good sign at all.

“You tripped on some black ice and landed on your head and back. It looks like you landed quite hard because the back of your head started bleeding.” She took some notes on her notebook.

“You seem pretty fine, but I think you should stay a couple of days in the hospital, just to make sure. Whats your name, dear? The fellow who found you had no clue who you were.” Fellow? Does she mean the most handsome guy in the world? I couldn’t even imagine him being connected or friends with me. He was WAY out of my league. His league and my league are probably as far away as Finland and Antarctica.

“My name is Juliet Jens, and I’m seventeen.” I don’t know why I wanted to add my age, it made me feel slightly older when I said it, I guess.

“Thank you.” The nurse said writing my name in her notebook, probably thinking Oh she has a name…

“And who can we contact?” I’m not telling my parents what happened to me, we all know Wal-mart and Target don’t let employees leave early for ANY reason. This is why I won’t work at Wal-mart or Target. I’m not going to freak my parents off so I’ll just say nothing. That works.

“It’s okay. I’m pretty much by myself here, my parents are in Cancun.” I don’t know where that part came up on but I guess I have to go along with it.

“Oh.. okay. Just let me know when they will get back.” The nurse was NOT going to let me go off that easy I concluded. As if saved by the bell another nurse came in, she was a bigger, and much older.