Usually, people just assumed I was adopted. Which, in reality I knew why they would. I was the exact opposite of each of them. My older brother, John, basically ruled Woodway before graduating last year. He had a few small roles in a few films before realizing that it wasn't something he wanted to focus on, so instead, he did what most teenagers his age did and ran off to college.

Even my parents managed to completely make me the odd one out. They were both extremely successful and well respected in the fashion industry. Simply being in the same room as them made you take a hit at your self esteem. Their swanky appearances and pristine demeanor screamed wealth. But not even their hefty lump sum of cash could keep my tormentors at bay.

Somehow, even my eight-year-old sister made me seem like a chump. She was unmistakably beautiful, and even she managed to woo the cameras of Hollywood with her dazzling little smile and cute personality.

I'd come to terms with being the sore thumb, and even though I heard the words "you're beautiful" from them everyday, I still knew that they were just doing their duties as my family; lying to me to spare my feelings.

I gave out a dreaded sigh when I heard the loud ring, signaling the end of Study Hall. As I began walking to my locker, people were laughing and whispering amongst themselves like they always did about me.

When I got to my locker, there was a note stuck on it. I took it off and saw that it was a crude drawing of me with the subtitle, "Isa-cow." Quickly crumpling it up, I threw it on the ground without a second glance, far too embarrassed to look up.

After I grabbed my stuff and began the walk towards my car, I saw the world tilting as I felt the touch of a foot in my path. My glasses slipped off the bridge of my nose as I fell. I scrambled around on the floor as I tried to find them, only to find my hands grasping empty air. I could make out the blur shapes of my classmates gathering around me, pointing and laughing at me as I groped and tried not to cry.

"Do these belong to you?" a familiar, snide voice asked.

I looked up and from what I could see, there was a guy holding out my glasses, but it wasn't just any guy. It was Thomas, the meat head who assumed in that tiny brain of his that he had actually conquered my brother's territory after he'd left last year.

He had the all-American good looks. From the shaggy blond hair and bright ocean blue eyes, to the muscular tan body. If only he wasn't such a jerk, maybe then he'll be considered attractive.

"Give them back." I reached out for them, but he just held them up higher. I jumped as high as I could, but found that I still couldn't reach them. I was at a disadvantage as he practically towered over me with his height, while I on the other hand, made it just over five feet.

"Well, well the girl has a voice," he said, as he waved my glasses tauntingly in front of me.

"Just give them back, please," I pleaded with him.

"Aw. Did you hear that everyone?" He faced the crowd before he made eye contact with me again. "She said please."

Everyone who was still around us began laughing, their laughter getting louder and louder with each chuckle. "I really need to go."

"Aw, come on, what's the rush? It's not like you have a boyfriend . . . or anywhere to be for that matter," he said mocking me.

"I still need to get home."

"Hmm . . . now just how are you going to get home without your glasses?" he asked.

"I could be halfway there if you'd just give them back to me," I said again.

"Okay, fine. Here you go," he said, surprising me with the sincerity in his tone.

"Thanks." I sighed, feeling relieved as I held my hands out for them.

The next thing I knew, I heard my glasses skittering across the parking lot as Thomas kicked them as hard as he could.

"Why'd you do that?" I yelled, the threat of tears stinging my eyes. How was I going to find them now? I could barely see what's in front of me.

"What?" he asked, with a chuckle. "I tried to give them back. Not my fault you can't catch."

"But you kicked them!"

"I kicked them by mistake. Geez, I'm sorry," he said, the sarcasm practically dripping out of his voice before the shape of his body disappeared along with his friends.

Hopelessly, I went back to scrounging around for my glasses, but to no avail. The sound of footsteps made me pause as I hoped it wasn't Thomas and his friends again. I swallowed hard. I could see the shadow of a person, but was too afraid to look up.

"Here," a gentle voice said as my glasses were pressed into my palm.

"Um, thank you," I murmured, and put my glasses back on.

Blinking, I took in the form of a tall figure, realizing a little too late that it was none other than Jason himself. Cheeks growing warm, I took in his tall athletic build and messy unkempt hair that only he could pull off, along with his soft piercing blue eyes surrounded with specks of gray. He was all around gorgeous! Something deep within me churned as I sheepishly met his eyes.

"Jason?" I asked, not quite believing that I was saying his name . . . to his face may I point out.

"Hey Isabella," he said, smiling.

"Um, thanks . . . again—for my um, my uh, glasses! I mean, thanks for—" I trailed off as I stammered, keeping my eyes on my feet. I couldn't really speak when I was looking into those captivating eyes of his.

"No problem." He laughed at my obvious impishness. "Well, I guess I'll see you at my party tonight?" he asked with a casual grin.

"Yeah, sure. I, um, I guess," I answered quickly, finally looking up at him. He chuckled as he turned away, sending me a wave good-bye.

I thought my heart was going to explode from how quickly it was beating. What Jason had just done was exactly why I liked him. He was nice, even though he was considered to be an Adonis in the halls of Woodway Prep, yet he still managed to act like a decent human being. Never mind the fact that he happened to be one of my brother's good friends, but I had had a crush on him since . . . well forever really.

Sighing, I walked towards my car, shooting Amanda a quick text, letting her know I was on my way to her place. She responded seconds later.

Okay, see you there.

I pocketed my phone and climbed grudgingly into my car.

I honestly hoped that this party wouldn't be like the others Amanda had dragged me to . . .