Invisible (A Niall Horan One Shot)

(AN) Sorry if this is a bit cliche. I just got this idea when I listened to Taylor Swift's Invisible song. And it reminded me of my prince, Niall James Horan. :) x

I was standing outside my best friend’s front porch as I waited for him to open the door. I’ve been already knocking and calling Niall’s name here, god knew how long. I started to get cold when the wind began to blow so hard. The sky was filled with dark clouds and I could sense that a heavy rain was about to fall. The loud growl of thunder was just adding to the anxiety that I was feeling.

Niall sent me a voice message and he sounded like he wasn’t okay. This wasn’t a joke. I didn’t finish my afternoon shift at work today ‘coz I was worried to death about him. But where the hell was he right now? Was he inside? Because the lights around the house were off. I’ve been calling his phone for the zillion times but he wasn’t answering.

“Niall, are you there?! Opened the door, please?!” I shouted, praying that he could already hear me before people around the neighborhood killed me for shouting in the middle of the night.

I was now freezing to death as the rain started to pour heavily.

“NIALL-“

It took me a moment before I realized that Niall was already standing in front of me. “WHAT THE HELL, NIALL HORAN?! I’VE BEEN STANDING AND KNOCKING HERE FOR SO LONG BUT YOU WERE NOT EVEN ANSWERING. I WAS WORRIED TO DEATH ABOUT YOU!” I was yelling and glaring at my best friend but he wasn’t even reacting as if I was talking to a robot.

“R-Ruth, you’re-“ Niall coughed so hard and I noticed that he wasn’t okay. He was only with his PJs and he had unfixed hair as if he hadn’t taken a shower for days. He looked pale and his blue eyes were filled with weariness. This wasn’t the Niall I used to love... I mean, I used to see.

I put my hand on his temple and I was shocked that he was burning hot. “Niall, you’re sick!” I snapped. Stupid me! Why didn’t I realize about this?!

I entered the house as I closed the door nudging it with my left foot, helping Niall to walk. I put my arm around his waist and his on my shoulder.

I had a hard time bringing Niall inside the living room because of the darkness. The only light that filled the house was coming from the television with a show I didn’t know about.

I felt my muscles ached after I helped Niall laid down the blue couch. I made a mental note that I’d give him an advice to start having a proper diet.

I opened the lights and closed the T.V. I just realized that the living room looked like a mess as if a tornado hit it. There were empty soda cans and also empty bags of junk foods, and scattered car magazines on the carpet. What did Niall do the whole day?! And how did he get sick?!

After cleaning the mess, I noticed that Niall was asleep on the couch. But panic rose over me when I realized that he was shivering.

“R-Ruth,” I heard him called my name. His voice was trembling.

I knelt on the floor so I could understand what he wanted to say. “Yes, Niall? What do you need? Tell me?” I asked, my voice was filled with worries.

A voice at the back of my head told me that he needed something that could give him warmth. 

Blanket! Right!

“Niall, wait for me here, okay?! I’m just going to get something.” I told him in a rush. I was about to run toward the stairs when suddenly, I felt a warm hand on my arm.

“R-Ruth, wait...” Niall said with a shaky husky voice. I knelt on the floor again to understand him. “D-don’t leave me, please? I-I need you here.”