I'll Take This Pain - Chapter 19

"Go down in history ;
Go down together, 
into Infinity, forever."
- Legendary Lovers by Katy Perry

Recap : "I'm going to die."

Chapter 19 

"You're going to die." Caleb whispered hoarsely. Lindsay looked a little sad but it's probably just me. My parents were nowhere to be seen. Nina was still holding Sean and Alpha Asher and Luna Asher didn't show much emotion in their face. 

Caleb looked like his whole world was crashing down. Caleb reached out and wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me to him. I pulled my leg out of the sink and stood, leaning against the sink.

"How can we save you from dying?" He whispered into my hair. I shook my head, if I'm going to die, I'll accept it and move on. 

"Please. Isn't there at least one?" I shook my head but then Nina spoke. 

"There is one way." She said. I glared at her, indicating with my eyes that I didn't want her to say anything. Caleb looked at Nina and begged her. 

"Please tell me. Please." He pleaded. 

"No. Don't. Please Nina. Don't tell him anything." I begged with Nina. Nina shook her head at me. 

"No. I must save you Scarlett." She said to me as Caleb nodded vigorously. 

"No. If you love me they said, you'll let me go. So let me go." I said to them. Caleb shook his head, no. 

"I got nothing to live for anymore. My mate has a Luna now. My pack hates me. I deserve to die anyways." I said.

"No. I can't lose you Scarlett. You're still my real and only Luna." Caleb said as he let his hand slip to my waist.

"The only way to save Scarlett is to mate and mark her. Not out of force to save her but love, if you mark her just to save her, she will die a day after you mark her." Nina said to Caleb.

"NO! NO! HE DOESN'T NEED TO SAVE ME. HE HAS LINDSAY RIGHT? SHE'S HIS REAL MATE, I'M JUST A FAKE." I shouted at no one in particular. My leg hurt so much that I couldn't stand anymore so I slid down to the floor. 

"Nina." I said sadly. We read this before but we didn't know it would happen so fast. 

"You only have 9 days left." Nina whispered sadly. I nodded as Caleb wrapped his arms around me tightly. Although I hate him very much, I still let him hug me because I needed him there. I have 9 days left. 

9 days before I die. 

** 

After Nina telling Caleb that in order to save me, he had to mate and mark me. Caleb has been very touchy and close. I have 5 days left now. The days seemed to blur by, everyday faster than the other. It seemed to me that everyday was suppose to pass faster than the other. 

Sean has been well. He's growing pretty quickly and now he knows how to say the word 'Dadda' now. It was cute when a child starts talking. He's also been crawling around the attic room with his rubber duck.  

Lindsay was an emotionless zombie. She hasn't been herself for awhile. She hasn't given me snarky comments or anything and I guess, I liked it. It was a change for awhile but I know that the old Lindsay will come back soon. 

My parents have been trying to talk to me but it didn't really work. They were just acting nice and greeting me every time we met. I would just do a casual nod of my head and quickly walk off. My mom looked so old. Her eyes were wrinkled and her posture was slack.