Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

Willow woke up up to a loud banging on the door, and frantically looked around; Gerard wasn't anywhere.

What's going on?

She walked over and opened the door, then was wrapped in someone's arms. The person held her at arms length, and she gasped.

"Frank!" he smiled. "Where is Gerard?"

"Don't worry he just left, but we have to go." he said, pulling on her arm like a little kid.

"I—what if he finds me again?" she stared at him, shaking her head.

"The police are on their way here. We have to g—" he suddenly turned around and then turned back to her. "He's back. I'll follow you, I won't leave you okay? I promise."

She closed the door as he quickly snuck down the hall. She sat in a chair, and read through the hotels crappy brochure, then looked up as the door opened.

"Where did you go?" she asked.

"Just to the store..." he said.

Well, that isn't strange at all.

"For what...?" she asked, noticing he didn't have anything in his hands other that the room key.

"Nothing. They didn't have them anyway." he said, glancing at her from the corner of his eye.

"Can you give me a hint on what they were?she asked, smiling a little.

"It'll be obvious." he whined.

"It's nothing bad is it? Drugs? Beer?" she asked somewhat-seriously and he laughed hysterically.

"No, no. It was going to be a gift." he said, shaking his head.

"Okay." she nodded.

"Well they wouldn't make it in the car, I think..." he muttered.

Something that lives. Hmm... Cats?! Eh...no...

She looked up as she heard Gerard laughing again.

"What?"

"You're trying to guess what it is, aren't you?" he raised an eyebrow.

"No. I was thinking about the ocean." Willow snorted. "Of course I am!"

He just laughed again.

"Well, we need to get going." he said.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Ray said we could stay at his place. He had to go out of town." Gerard said.

"Oh, okay." she nodded. "Well, I'm gonna go change."

She got out her clothes and went in the bathroom and changed out of her pyjama's and brushed her hair and teeth. She walked out to see Gerard finish cleaning the room up.

I wish things were different...I feel so bad for him.

"Ready?" he asked, and she nodded. They took their stuff and walked out to the car. Gerard drove for awhile before they arrived at a small house. She hadn't seen Frank's car behind them once they got on the intersection, and she felt a deep sense of hopelessness come over her.

I should call him!

"Do you know where the bathroom is?" she asked Gerard as they got in the house.

"Yeah, it's the last door on your right." he explained, pointing down a hallway. She nodded and made her way down the hall, went in the bathroom, and lock the door. She fumbled her phone out of her pocket and called Franks number. It rang and rang. He didn't pick up, and she called again. Why isn't he answering?

She give up after three calls, and went to find Gerard. He was looking around the rooms as if he were looking for something.

"What are you doing?" Willow questioned, and he looked over his shoulder at her, raising his eyebrows.

"Nothing. We'll be leaving in a few days." he stated.

"Oh..." she muttered, nodding. She looked up as she thought she heard something from outside, then looked back at Gerard who had gone back to looking throughout the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the ending for this is kind of weird.
hope you guys like it.